V.j.
The share burden of the current immigration problem These days I'm a bit shocked by the terryfying images that we're watching in the news. Tousands and thousands of immigrants are desperately trying to cross the European Union border and reach that "promised land", putting most of times their lives at risk. However, what can we offer them? Security? Welfare estate services? Health and Sanitary support? Supposedly, yes, well provide them estability, safety, lodging, and even a small grant that will allow them and their families to keep living, to survive, to give golden opportunities for their children in the incoming years. Nevertheles, this general idea becomes a little bit blurred when I try to analize it in detail, how every nuance of that dreamed help will be implemented. We, the European Union countries, are not characterized by our sympathy and solidarity when it regards immigration issues. Just on the contrary, it seems that every time that it's possible, each and every one of us are not pulling our weight about the sensible share of the problem,. The only exception happens when is one of the EU nations affected directly by the events. If the different waves of immigrants are coming through any other country, and that's not ours, great. We'll turn a blind eye, try to delay effective actions or any kinf of proceedings that might work out the imminent problem in the short term. And, of course, those nation's citizens will have not felt any pangs of guilt due to their hypocritical government's attitude. "C'est la vie"! This very summer, ironically, some of the EU countries, western and central European ones, that were far away from immigrates' waves formerly are beaaring the brunt of the problem. And now, what? Shall the unaffected ones be rough and ready to face this long term problem? We're not a group of countries enyoing countless resources, we should sensibly have both foot on the ground, foresee possible solutions and share fairly the burden that entails its implementation. Right now it's not solidarity with your southern neighbourgh's problem that is absolutely overwellmed and worn-out immigration problem, it's just COMMON SENSE! Anyway,I awfully already know the answer, we'll look for the path of least resistance and be kept being selfish and looking at the other side!

The shared burden of the current immigration problem

These days I'm a bit shocked by the terryfying images that we're watching in the news. Thousands and thousands of immigrants are desperately trying to cross the European Union border and reach that "promised land", putting most of times their lives at risk most of the time.
However, what can we offer them? Security? Welfare estate services? Health and Sanitary support?
Supposedly, yes, we'll provide them estability, safety, lodging, and even a small grant that will allow them and their families to keep living, to survive, to give golden opportunities for their children in the incoming upcoming years.
Nevertheless, this general idea becomes a little bit blurred when I try to analyze it in detail, how every nuance of that dreamed-of help will be implemented.
We, the European Union countries, are not characterized by our sympathy and solidarity when it regards involves (<em>or</em> with regards to) immigration issues. Just On the contrary (<em>or</em> Just the opposite), it seems that every time that it's possible, each and every one of us are not pulling our weight about the sensible share of the problem. The only exception happens when is one of the EU nations is affected directly by the events. If the different waves of immigrants are coming through any other country, and that's not ours, great. We'll turn a blind eye, try to delay effective actions or any kind of proceedings that might work out the imminent problem in the short term. And, of course, those nation's citizens will have not felt any pangs of guilt due to their hypocritical government's attitude. "C'est la vie"!
This very summer, ironically, some of the EU countries, western and central European ones, that were formerly far away from immigrates' the waves of immigrants formerly are bearing the brunt of the problem. And now, what? Shall the unaffected ones be rough and ready to face this long term problem?
We're not a group of countries enjoying countless resources, we should sensibly have both foot feet on the ground, foresee possible solutions and share fairly the burden that entails its implementation.
Right now it's not solidarity with your southern neighbour's problem that it's absolutely overwhelmed and worn-out by the immigration problem, it's just COMMON SENSE!
Anyway, I awfully probably(?) already know the answer, we'll look for the path of least resistance and be kept keep being selfish and looking at the other side the other way!

Great stuff Vicente. My corrections are in red and my suggestions to sound more natural are in blue/grey.

I'm not sure if my corrections in the second-last sentence <em>("Right now it's...")</em> are consistent with what you were trying to convey.

You're totally right V.j.; We looked the other way many times this decade, that there is a generation of human being buried in the sea...