Misa
9/18/2015 How to make a homemade salted egg? Salted egg is usually duck egg aged in brine water, which will turn its yolk into a oily, dark yellow and slightly salted yolk, made its egg white become translucent, and had a briny aroma when cooked. Of course, in the absence of duck egg, you may use chicken egg instead. Wash the raw duck eggs’ shell carefully and dry them. Place them into a clean large jar. Bring a pot of water to a boil, scoop in salt generously and stir. Continue to do so until the water become saturated and the salt can no longer be resolved in the water. Pour this brine solution into the jar to submerge all the duck eggs. Seal the jar, you may do it by using a plastic bag to cover the lip of the jar and use a rubber band to secure the plastic bag airtight. Allow the jar to sit in a room temperature for around 25 days. On 21 days, just take out one to test. Cook it into the water to turn it into a hardboiled egg, shell it, observe the color of the yolk and taste. If the sample egg is not ready, leave the rest of the eggs in the brine solution for more days. Salted egg can be served plain and eat together with congee. It can be also fried with other ingredients such as prawns, ribs and crabs.