Misa
9/19/2015 The slumbering mind is not good for critical thinking. When you encounter any problems, maybe you can consider having a nap. Rapid Eye Movement or REM sleep is one of stages of sleep when you experiences quick and random eye movement and paralysis of the muscle. During this stage, your eyes move quickly in different directions, the activity of the brain’s neurons is quite similar to that during waking hours. A sudden burst of activity in brain happened shortly after the eye movement, like presenting a series to you a series of new images, that is when you have lucid/vivid dreams. This is how it works. When you are awake, an area of the brain called hippocampus takes in information and holds it in your mind. During your REM sleep, this part of the brain is being shut down, and moves the information it have stored during the day to neocortex, where holds all your newly learnt experiences Once these memories of experience reach neocortex, they will associate with all other experiences. Often, our dreams are illogical; hence it is possible to give you an out-of-the-box thinking that is necessary to solve the problems.