Tom Shen
Ask for editing Some people think that newspapers are the best source of news. Others, however, believe that news is presented better on television or the Internet. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. With the advance of science and technology, the ways people receiving information have changed dramatically. While some may hold the opinion that television and Internet are about to replace traditional media like newspaper entirely, I strongly believe that both of them will play an essential role in our daily lives. There is no denying that television and Internet provide more convenient ways for people to obtain messages they require. That means the only thing we need do is to turn on the devices, sit down and look at the screen. Instead, to buy a piece of newspaper, sometimes we have to go out, which is time-consuming and tiring. Moreover, all kinds of news reported on the screen are almost the latest events, some of them even just happened several minutes ago. However, something written in newspaper has already become old-fashioned when people read it. Another advantage which is deserved to mention is that multiple media including videos, audios and subtitles have deepened our impression on that event. Thus, we pay more value on these affairs。 Newspaper, however, has some advantages over television and Internet. First of all, we tend to have more trust in paper media. They usually take more seriously on what they report and seldom exaggerate the truth to attract the public`s attention. Also we are used to acquire news from newspapers for ages, and this habit is not possibly altered in a short period. Last but not the least, staring at the screen for too long will definitely do harm to people`s eyesights and physical postures. Reading via paper carriers makes it more comfortable and enjoyable. To put it a nutshell, either newspaper or television and Internet are indispensable sources for working and learning. I recommend people to choose the most suitable way according to their specific situations.