Alberto
Why are young people leaving Spain? So, to know why young people have decided to leave Spain, we must know something about the History of Spain. After The Civil War, Spain was in a terrible situation and people went to big cities like Madrid or Barcelona, and most of them migrated to South America due to the rest of Europe was in a similar state because of the second world war. They were obliged to leave their homes due to the necessity of surviving. They had to send money to their families to feed them. In the recent past, between the seventies and two thousand, people were comfortable with the economical situation. If they had expercienced a bad economical period they would have done the same as their ancestors, but they weren't worried about their salaries, their future, and so on because it used to be easy to find a job. That's the problem nowadays, people who try to get a good job, give up. It's too difficult to find a job in a good environment and companies ask for a good or even high level of english. Because of these issues, people are leaving Spain, and their first choice is the UK. There, everyone can get a better job than in Spain. They can improve their speaking while they're working at the same time. They get experience working so when they come back to Spain they will find a job much more easily. In my personal expercience in the Uk, I know that there is a lot of young spanish people working in restaurants, hotels, call centers, factories and these kinds of jobs. On the one hand, qualified young people have studied at university although they don't work according to their educational background.They go there to improve their english, however they wouldn't come back to Spain if they got a job related to their degrees. On the other hand, young people, who aren't qualified,go abroad because they have an uncertain future. They need to work in any job they can get. They usually get bad jobs because they didn't study, but it's something more than in Spain, where they don't have any chance to get one. Recently, students are taught much better than in the past, the number of bilingual schools, which teaches subjects in English, is increasing. In my personal opinion that's the way to improve the level of English of spanish youth. To conclude, I think that everyone will have to speak in english in 50 years all around the world.