Lidia
Connecting to Life Two years ago a story about a 4.-year-old girl came out. She was hospitalized to receive psychological treatment to overcome her ipad addiction. What is upsetting is the fact that the age of children who are treated for addition to electronic devices is decreasing. According to Marc Masip (Desconnecta't programme director ): "Age range is widening at the boths extrems. More younger and older people are receiving treatment". The range age was 16 years old some years ago, nowadays is 10 years old, because parents give them mobile phones earlier. Psychologists warn parents to wait until 16 years old to buy a mobile phone for their sons. Experts suggest not to allow children to spend more than three hours playing with electronic devices (including watching television). Losing interest for social and sportive activities, irritability, food and sleep disorders, anxiety and even being agressive are common symptoms of an addition.

Connecting to Life

Two years ago a story about a 4-year-old girl came out. She was hospitalized so that she could  receive psychological treatment and overcome her Ipad addiction. What is upsetting is the fact that the age of children who are treated for addiction to electronic devices is decreasing. According to Marc Masip (Desconnecta't programme director ): "The age range is widening at both extremes. More younger and older people are receiving treatment". The average age was 16 years old some years ago.  Nowadays it is 10 years old, because parents give them mobile phones earlier.
Psychologists warn parents to wait until their children are 16 years old to buy a mobile phone for them.
Experts suggest not to allow children to spend more than three hours playing with electronic devices (including watching television).
Losing interest in social activities and sports, irritability, food and sleep disorders, anxiety, and even being agressive are common symptoms of an addiction.

Connecting to Life

Two years ago, a story appeared about a 4.-year-old girl came out. She who was hospitalized to receive psychological treatment to overcome her ipad addiction. What is upsetting is the fact that the age of the children who are being treated for this addiction to electronic devices is decreasing. According to Marc Masip (Desconnecta't programme director ): "The age range is widening at the boths extremes. There are more younger and older people are receiving treatment". The youngest age this condition was observed  range age was 16 years old some years ago but nowadays it is 10 years old as because parents are giving their children  them mobile phones earlier.
Psychologists warn parents to wait until their children are at least 16 years old to before they buy them a mobile phone. for their sons.
Experts suggest that it is wise to not to allow children to spend more than three hours playing with electronic devices (including watching television) each day.
Losing interest for in social and sporting activities, irritability, food and sleep disorders, increased anxiety and even being becoming agressive are common symptoms of an this addiction.

Well done Lidia! It is so nice to see you back here on Italki after a rather long absence.  I hope you enjoyed your summer and took a well deserved break from all your electronic devices!