Yljaha
Please correct these sentences 1. Does Tom write his stories from time to time? - No, he is a keen writer, he has devoted his life to its process. 2. You have asked me about my belly. Your question was ambiguous. Do you connote that I am pregnant? 3. A polymath is an identity who is well-versed in lots of fields of knowledge. 4. My gratitude doesn't know the limits. 5. If you persist in your pursuit to reach your goal, all your dreams will come true. 6. Are your professional singer? - No, I am a keen amateur. 7. Tom proposed Ann the delirious plan to spend their weekend, however she excepted it, because she was intrigued by it. 8. Don't look for the mode to avert this event, because some events are inevitable. 9. That spot on the couch has vanished, because Ann wiped off it very well. 10. We have to respect the senile people. Someday we will became the same. We can't avert/prevent our aging.

Please correct these sentences

1. Does Tom writes his stories from time to time? - No, he is a keen writer, and he has devoted his life to this endeavour  =  An attempt to achieve a goal.

2. You have asked me about my belly. Your question was ambiguous. Do you connote that I am pregnant? Are are imlying that I am pregnant /Did my big belly connotes pregnancy to you?

3. A polymath is a person who is well-versed in lots of fields of knowledge.? The identity of the polymath is still unknown

4. My gratitude has no limits. ( is boundless to Mr......= adj . unlimited; immense)

5. If you persist in your pursuit to attain/reach your goals , all your dreams will come true. Attain=succeed in achieving (something that one desires and has worked for).

6. Are your a professional singer? - No, I am a keen amateur.

7. Tom proposed to Ann a ludicrious offer to spend their weekend together, however she excepted it, because she was intrigued( by it). ( ludicrious = so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous )

8. Don't look for the means/for ways to avert this event, because some events are inevitable.

9. That spot on the couch is gone, because Ann has wiped it off it very well.  ( vanish= disappear suddenly)

10. We have to respect the senile people. Someday we may become the same as them/become like them. We can't avert/prevent/ stop our aging.

To avert is to to stop an incident/something bad from occurring, so to use avert  is not good because we all age and it is as natural as being young .Its not an incident that can happen . Aging is continous. However death is an incident . So , we can say we cant avert death