Angel
Autumn or fall What is the most accurate word for the current season? Do both mean exactly the same? Is one an American expresion and the other a British one? Or is is one more formal the the other one. That is not matter. In fact is is an excuse to write about my favorite year season (besides, I would find out the different looking the word up in a good diccionary!). Moreover rain drops falling on the windows, bustery days or delightful carpet made of deciduous tree leaves in the parks, I love this season because is time to reflection. At this moment of the year, you have a large vision of how things are going but you also have time enough to plan new goals or to deal with those issue than you would change. In a more poetic way, you may feel nostalgic but hopeful too. Most days I used to enjoy this season walking on the park directly oposite of my house or ridding my bike into a forest close to my village on weekend as well as going to recolect mushrooms. But in this ocassion I will do something special. I going to travel around La Toscana in Italy. Even subscribing that there is a number of beatiful places to visit in Autumn around the world, everybody is agree with that part of Italy is one of the most nice to stay in this season, due to the special light of the sun bathing the vineyards or the intensive red color of the land. I have planned to drive clockwise from Bolonia to Florencia, visiting San Gimigniano, Siena, Arezzo and Lucca at least. I expect not only discover a lot of historical locations but also traditional vine factories, so I am really excite waiting for the moment to leave forward to the airport.

Autumn or fall

What is the most accurate word for the current season? Do both mean exactly the same? Is one an American expression and the other a British one? Or is is one more formal the the other one. That is does not matter. In fact it is an excuse to write about my favorite year season of the year (besides, I would find out the difference by looking the word up in a good dictionary!). Moreover rain drops falling on the windows, blustery days or delightful carpets made of deciduous tree leaves in the parks, I love this season because it is time to for reflection (<em>or</em> time to reflect). At this moment of the year, you have a large vision of how things are going but you also have time enough time to plan new goals or to deal with those issues than that you would change. In a more poetic way, you may feel nostalgic but hopeful too. Most days I used to enjoy this season walking on in the park directly opposite of my house or riding my bike into a forest close to my village on weekends as well as going to recolect pick mushrooms. But in on this occasion I will do something special. I am going to travel around La Toscana in Italy. Even subscribing that there is are a number of beautiful places to visit in Autumn around the world, everybody is agree with agrees that part of Italy is one of the most nice (<em>or</em> one of the nicest) to stay in this season, due to the special light of the sun bathing the vineyards or the intensive red color of the land. I have planned to drive clockwise from Bolonia to Florencia, visiting San Gimigniano, Siena, Arezzo and Lucca at least. I expect not only to discover a lot of historical locations but also traditional vine factories (vineyeards??), so I am really excited waiting for the moment to leave forward to the airport.

Very good Angel. It sounds like a wonderful trip! My corrections are in red and my suggestions to sound more natural are in blue/grey.

To answer your question, autumn and fall have the same meaning.

In the UK, it's much more common to say autumn.

In the USA, it's much more common to say fall.

In spoken English in the USA, people usually say &quot;fall.&quot; Very rare to hear somebody say, autumn in every day speech.