Maria
Practicing new words 1. Water is one of the most important parts of human beings' lives. We are taught to drink 1 or 2 liters of still water a day. But when I'm thirsty I like to drink sparkling water. 2. It's extremely difficult to get a point across to someone who doesn't want to listen to you. 3. She decided to follow in her aunt's footsteps and became a dentist. 4. More severe punishment won't work as a deterrent of crime. The reason of the crime needs to be eradicated. 5. At the end of the negotiation we submitted and made some concessions. 6. It's ten times easier said than done. 7. A storm was imminent and we ran to home. 8. A girl put on the new dress and looked beautiful. The color really became her. 9. He was a coward and couldn't utter a word. 10. A teacher came up with a great idea to point out the problem and make the students provide solutions. 11. They didn't know how to get by at that situation. 12. Turnover between the countries started growing fast. 13. I'm not sure about this girl. She can disclose all our secrets. 14. How come you always emerge unscathed? 15. This pizza is reputedly the best in my town. 16. She didn't mind appearing too arrogant. 17. Serfdom was abolished in 1861 in Russia. 18. Her parents said it was high time for him to get married. 19. He couldn't calm down till he said his secret errand. 20. We were scared stiff about being made redundant. 21. The exams were inevitable and the student pulled socks up. 22. There are always the intricacy with the documents at my work. 23. These goods appeal to the multitude. 24. To dispel any fears he plucked up courage and asked his question. 25. To eliminate fatigue after work she takes a warm bath. 26. Nothing could satisfy his insatiable appetite for reading.
1

Practicing new words

1. Water is one of the most important parts of human beings' lives. We are taught to drink 1 or 2 liters of still water a day. But when I'm thirsty I like to drink sparkling water. (I drink water once it has been turned into coffee...)
2. It's extremely difficult to get a point across to someone who doesn't want to listen to you.
3. She decided to follow in her aunt's footsteps and became a dentist.
4. More severe punishment won't work as a deterrent of crime. The reason of the crime needs to be eradicated. (I don't think that the Arabs agree...)
5. At the end of the negotiation we submitted and made some concessions.
6. It's ten times easier said than done.
7. A storm was imminent and we ran to home.
8. A girl put on the new dress and looked beautiful. The colour really became her. (English spelling)
9. He was a coward and couldn't utter a word.
10. A teacher came up with a great idea to point out the problem and make the students provide solutions.
11. They didn't know how to get by at out of that situation. (or ".. how to resolve the situation.")
12. Turnover between the countries started growing fast.
13. I'm not sure about this girl. She can disclose all our secrets.
14. How come you always emerge unscathed?
15. This pizza is reputedly the best in my town.
16. She didn't mind appearing too arrogant.
17. Serfdom was abolished in 1861 in Russia.
18. Her parents said it was high time for him to get married. (his parents > him ; her parents > her unless the context suggests who "her" and "him" refers to.)
19. He couldn't calm down till he said had completed his secret errand.
20. We were scared stiff about being made redundant.
21. The exams were inevitable and the student pulled his/her socks up.
22. There are always the intricacy with the documents at my work. (intricate details)
23. These goods appeal to the multitude. (masses)
24. To dispel any fears he plucked up courage and asked his question.
25. To eliminate fatigue after work she takes a warm bath.
26. Nothing could satisfy his insatiable appetite for reading.

Once again, mostly suggestions. Well done Maria.