Jeff
Talking about this and that I understand quite good English now. I'm happy because the podcasts that I listen to are at my range of understanding. I'm trying to improve my vocabulary as often as I can because it helps me to get out of my comfort zone, as I said in a previous post. It's been a while that I didn't speak with someone on Skype. Actually, I focus myself into hearing English a lot. I still speak it with my daughter but I know that I do slight errors sometimes. If I would have to define myself, I'd say that I'm a 3 year old kid (in terms of vocabulary and phrase construction) which is very good. The problem is when you were a child and made mistakes while speaking,your parents,your relative or other people were here to correct your pronounciation or your grammar mistakes. For me it's more difficult because the only source of correction is mainly Italki. I have to make these mistakes to progress. When you chat on Skype with a native speaker (for my case) I try not to correct them too much because I don't want to weaken their confidence. My dream would be to wake up in the morning and feel like I'm bilingual. But learning is like a pain you must relieve. When you know you've done something good for you learning, it's like you've alleviated your hunger of English. I hope being clear with those examples. When I was in the USA, I've learn a ton of new words inconsciently, just by reading add signs or asking for a object that I didn't know the translation. But I think when you listen to a podcast to learn English, you have to select one with a topic that you like because interest is the key. I'll talk about it later because I've got to go, I'm busy since I am a father now ! See you guys !
1

Talking about this and that

I understand quite good English quite well now. I'm happy because the podcasts that I listen to are at my range of understanding. I'm trying to improve my vocabulary as often as I can because it helps me to get out of my comfort zone, as I said in a previous post.
It's been a while that I didn't speak since I've spoken with someone on Skype. Actually, I focus on listening in myself into hearing English a lot. I still speak it with my daughter but I know that I do make slight errors sometimes. If I would have were forced to define myself my skill level, I'd say that I'm a 3-year-old kid (in terms of vocabulary and phrase construction), which is very good. The problem is when you were a child and made mistakes while speaking, your parents, your relatives or other people were there to correct your pronounciation or your grammar mistakes.
For me, it's more difficult because the only source of correction is mainly Italki. I have to make these mistakes to progress. When you I chat on Skype with a native speaker, (for my case) I try not to correct them too much because I don't want to weaken their confidence.
My dream would be to wake up in the morning and feel like I'm bilingual. But learning is like a pain you must relieve. When you know you've done something good for your learning, it's like you've alleviated your hunger of for English.
I hope I am being clear with those examples. When I was in the USA, I've learned a ton of new words inconsciently subconsciously, just by reading advertisements and signs, or asking the word for an object that when I didn't know the translation.
But I think when you listen to a podcast to learn English, you have to select one with a topic that you like because interest is the key. I'll talk about it later because I've got to go. I'm busy since I am a father now!
See you guys!