Amir ♥
Please help me with this paragraph in order to figure out its meaning Hi every one‚ this is a passage or better to say its a paragraph. So its my obligation to figure out what the writer wants to say and also paraphrase it‚ although its hard for me so please help me‚ here it is: It lifts hearts and lengthens lives(what does' it lifts hearts mean here?'‚ I undrersood the second phrase'and lengtnes lives‚ which means to increase the duration of our lives or the life) It has been hailed as the ultimate good by philosophers and promoted by major religions.(It means that it has been admired a lot as the most perfect thing finally and also it has accepted by the most religions. Right? The wondrous good in question is friendship.(the strange and surprising good question is friend ship. Right?) Aristotle's highest goal for men and the third plank of the French equality, fraternity- Revolution-liberty, friendship is as old as humanity and as important as love or justice.(I think here the main idea is that 'Aristotle's main concern was about friendship which was more important than love or justice "Please give your interpretation) . But while bookstore shelves groan with self-help books on finding the perfect partner and philosophical texts on the nature of freedom, friendship barely gets a mention among academics or policy-makers. (I don't really know the connections of the above sentences with this last sentence but I think its going to say that our bookstores are full of books to find the perfect partner with their self-help books‚ that I don't know its meaning!! but none of them have mentioned friend ship in their writing or texts. Please help me with this paragraph‚ it may sound to be a waffly or nonse but Its my homework so if you can just help me tnx I'm advance.

Please help me with this paragraph in order to figure out its meaning

Hi every one‚ this is a passage or better to say its a paragraph. So its my obligation to figure out what the writer wants to say and also paraphrase it‚ although its hard for me so please help me‚ here it is:

It lifts hearts and lengthens lives(what does' it lifts hearts mean here?'‚ I undrersood the second phrase'and lengtnes lives‚ which means to increase the duration of our lives or the life) To lift hearts is an expression to mean that it makes people happier.

It has been hailed as the ultimate good by philosophers and promoted by major religions.(It means that it has been admired a lot as the most perfect thing finally and also it has accepted by the most religions. Right? Yes

The wondrous good in question is friendship.(the strange and surprising good question is friend ship.
Right?) Sometimes wondorous can just mean that something is wonderful or excellent.  It doesn't have to mean that it is strange or surprising. I think they mean that it is inspirational, noble and excellent, rather than strange and surprising.

Aristotle's highest goal for men and the third plank of the French equality, fraternity- Revolution-liberty, friendship is as old as humanity and as important as love or justice.(I think here the main idea is that 'Aristotle's main concern was about friendship which was more important than love or justice "Please give your interpretation) .

But while bookstore shelves groan with self-help books on finding the perfect partner and philosophical texts on the nature of freedom, friendship barely gets a mention among academics or policy-makers. (I don't really know the connections of the above sentences with this last sentence but I think its going to say that our bookstores are full of books to find the perfect partner with their self-help books‚ that I don't know its meaning!! but none of them have mentioned friend ship in their writing or texts. Please help me with this paragraph‚ it may sound to be a waffly or nonse but Its my homework so if you can just help me tnx I'm advance.  It looks like they're saying that the other two of Aristotles goals for mankind, (1) love and (2) freedom are common topics in bookstores.  Self-help books to "find the perfect partner"  are related to love and, of course, philosophical texts on the nature of freedom are describing the meaning of freedom. The main point they're making is that friendship is ignored in popular culture, while the other two of Aristotle's goals are not.

Since you requested, here it is and to express it more naturally.

Please help me with this paragraph in order to and figure out its meaning.  Thanks!

Hi everyone! every oneThis is a passage or better to say its a paragraph. So its my obligation that I need to figure out what the writer is wants to saying and also paraphrase it. although It's hard for me so and can you please help me‚ here it is:

<em>It lifts hearts and lengthens lives </em>(

What does' "it lifts hearts" mean here?'‚ I undrersood can understand the second phrase, "and lengtnes lives".  which I suppose it means "to increase the duration of our lives". or the life)

<em>It has been hailed as the ultimate good by philosophers and promoted by major religions</em>.

Does it means that it has been admired a lot much as the most perfect thing finally and also it has is accepted by the most religions. Right?

<em>The wondrous good in question is friendship. </em>

Is it correct to say that friendship is <em> </em>the strange and surprising good question is friend ship.
Right?)

<em>Aristotle's highest goal for men and the third plank of the French equality, fraternity- Revolution-liberty, friendship is as old as humanity and as important as love or justice</em>. I assume that this is a quote and so I cannot correct it even though it may has mistake or terms that are not commonly used in English.  For example, we use "pillar" instead of "plank"; fraternity and liberty should be capitalized since you have capitalized "revolution".

(I think here the main idea here  is that 'Aristotle's main concern was about friendship which was is more important than love or justice. "Please give Do your have a different interpretation?) .

<em>But while bookstore shelves groan with self-help books on finding the perfect partner and philosophical texts on the nature of freedom, friendship barely gets a mention among academics or policy-makers.</em>

(I don't really know the connections of the above sentences with this last sentence connects with the other sentences of the passage.  but I think it's This is short for "it is".  "Its" is the neuter possessive case going trying to say that our bookstores are full of filled with self-help books to find the perfect partner with their self-help books‚ that I don't know its meaning!! but none of them have mentioned anything on freiendship. friend ship spelt as one word in their writing or texts.

Please help me with this paragraph. It may sounds to me very be a waffly roundabout way of saying things or nonse nonsensical.  but It's my homework.  Nothing I can do about it but to understand it. so if you can just help me tnx I'm advance. Please help me.  Thanking you in advance.

I am not going to correct your grammar since this is not what you ask for...

It lifts hearts and lengthens lives(what does' it lifts hearts mean here?'‚ It means to make someone happy.  I undrersood the second phrase'and lengtnes lives‚ which means to increase the duration of our lives or the life)
It has been hailed as the ultimate good by philosophers and promoted by major religions.(It means that it has been admired a lot recognized as the most perfect thing finally and also it has accepted by the most religions. Right?

Right? almost.  Friendship is an inspiring feeling of wonder or delight; marvelous) Aristotle's highest goal for men and the third plank of the French equality, fraternity- Revolution-liberty, friendship is as old as humanity and as important as love or justice.(I think here the main idea is that 'Aristotle's main concern was about friendship which was more important than love or justice "Please give your interpretation) . But while bookstore shelves groan with self-help books on finding the perfect partner and philosophical texts on the nature of freedom, friendship barely gets a mention among academics or policy-makers. (I don't really know the connections of the above sentences with this last sentence but I think its going to say that our bookstores are full of books to find the perfect partner with their self-help books‚ that I don't know its meaning!! but none of them have mentioned friend ship in their writing or texts. It simply means that the bookstore has tons of information on finding love, freedom but a tiny amount on friendship, Please help me with this paragraph‚ it may sound to be a waffly or nonse but Its my homework so if you can just help me tnx I'm advance. It is not nonsense but a very elegant way of putting an interesting point across.  It is just that your command of the language is not high enough to understand.  It would be like speaking Iranian to a farmer versus to a mullah.

In relation to some of the ideas expressed in that article here is an example of what the author means by the government having a negative effect on friendship: Where I live it is illegal for more than 3 unrelated people to live in the same house. So even if I have a house with 5 bedrooms and bathrooms, I can&#039;t allow 3 of my friends to live with me (in order to help them financially for example). The government is using this method to prevent people from the middle and lower classes from helping each other to get ahead in life.