Jerry
whether schools are supposed to choose pupils according to their academic abilities or various Elementary education, a cornerstone of middle education, plays an important role in people’s academic life. When the value of elementary education is undisputed, an issue of debate is whether schools are supposed to choose pupils according to their academic abilities or various different abilities. I am of opinion that putting pupils with a variety of abilities study together is beneficial for the all round development of students. People who argue pupils should be chosen according to their academic abilities are sticking to an ingrained concept that the goal of education is only to develop students’ academic abilities, given by our traditional education, and have overlooked the importance of other qualities and abilities to pupils, such as, good at sports, strengths in dance and music, adaptability, the ability to organize a wide range of activities ,and so forth. there a growing recognition that pupils with high academic abilities are no longer sought-after as much as before. Instead, pupils with comprehensive abilities are highly needed in their further education. Especially in this fast changing and competitive society, where pupils are viewed as the sole hope of the country’ future, it is necessary that pupils are equipped with comprehensive abilities. Therefore, a qualified school should be fill with students with different abilities. There is evidence that a environment, an indispensable factor, can have influences on one’s characters and abilities. No doubt, putting pupils into student groups full of a variety of abilities contribute to the enhancement of their other abilities, such as, communication skill, which make them to be over round individual. In contrast, other students’ academic skill can be increased with the help of students with high academic abilities. As shown above, one can conclude that schools should take other abilities, such as strengths in dance and music, good at physical activities, into consideration in selecting pupils, although academic skills are of importance to the pupils’ study.

Should schools choose pupils according to their academic abilities or other qualities? 

Elementary education, a cornerstone of middle education, plays an important role in people’s academic life. While the value of elementary education is undisputed, an issue of debate is whether schools are supposed to choose pupils according to their academic abilities or various different abilities. I am of the opinion that finding pupils with a variety of abilities to study together is beneficial for the all round development of students. 

People who argue pupils should be chosen according to their academic abilities are sticking to an ingrained concept that the goal of education is only to develop students’ academic abilities, given by our traditional education, and have overlooked the importance of other qualities and abilities to pupils. These other qualities can include being good at sports, strengths in dance and music, adaptability, the ability to organize a wide range of activities, and so forth. There is a growing recognition that pupils with high academic abilities are no longer sought-after as much as before. Instead, pupils with comprehensive abilities are highly needed in their further education. Especially in this fast changing and competitive society, where pupils are viewed as the sole hope of the country’s future, it is necessary that pupils are equipped with comprehensive abilities.
Therefore, a qualified school should be filled with students with different abilities. There is evidence that environment, an indispensable factor, can have influences on one’s characters and abilities. No doubt, putting pupils into student groups full of a variety of abilities contribute to the enhancement of their other abilities, such as, communication skill, which make them to be well rounded individuals. In contrast, other students’ academic skill can be increased with the help of students with high academic abilities.
As shown above, although academic skills are of importance to pupils' study, one can also conclude that schools should take other abilities such as strengths in dance, music and physical activities into consideration when selecting pupils.