sunnie
an essay about cities' current plomble question: In many countries, the quality of life in large cities is becoming worse, what are the causes of this problem? What measures do u think should be taken to tackle this problem? There is no denying that cities have the high standard of living life, however, nowadays , some issues which lower the quality of urban life emerged gradually. From my point of view, there are several reasons below. To begin with, over-population which is caused by increasing immigration in every year should be the one of the reasons. To in search of the better job opportunities and live better, more and more people who come from some poorer countryside decided to migrate to modern cities. Obviously, it increased the pressure on local facilities and services. To addition, traffic congestion also cannot be ignored, comparing with the past years, the number of private cars have a dramatic growth because of the development of standard of living. However, more cars means less space of roads, thus traffic jams happened all the time especially in holiday. Finally, the fast pace of city life make people feel extremely stressful than ever before. Citizens work hard for a better life and have not much vacations to relax themselves, which definitely weaken the sense of happiness in urban life. To guarantee the quality of city life, I concern that some measures can be put in place. One possible measure is limit the number of immigrations by formulate a quota system whereby a fixed number. Another measures related to traffic jams is that government can construct more pedestrian areas to encourage people to walk or cycle more. In terms of the final reason, the measure can be took is that more public welfare and holiday should be planned by government to promote citizens’ happiness.

an essay about cities' current plomble

question: In many countries, the quality of life in large cities is becoming worse. What are the causes of this problem? What measures do you think should be taken to tackle this problem?

There is no denying that cities have a high standard of living; however, nowadays, some issues which lower the quality of urban life have been gradually emerging. From my point of view, there are several reasons, which I have listed below.
To begin with, over-population which is caused by increasing immigration every year is one of the reasons. In search of better job opportunities and better living, more and more people decide to migrate from the poorer countryside to modern cities. Obviously, it has increased the pressure on local facilities and services. In addition, traffic congestion also cannot be ignored. In the past few years, the number of private cars has had a dramatic growth because of the increased standard of living. However, more cars means less space on the roads, thus traffic jams happened all the time, especially during holidays. Finally, the fast pace of city life makes people feel more stressed than ever before. Citizens work hard for a better life and do not have much vacation time to relax themselves, which can definitely weaken the sense of happiness in urban life.
To guarantee the quality of city life, I feel that some measures can be put in place. One possible measure is to limit the number of immigrations by formulating a quota system, whereby only a fixed number of people could move to the city. Another measure, related to traffic jams, is that the government can construct more pedestrian areas to encourage people to walk or cycle more. In terms of the final reason, the measure that can be took is that more public welfare and holidays should be planned by government to promote citizens’ happiness.