Leandro
About Travel 3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- IELTS Speaking Part three: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- - What could the local and national government do to improve the public transport in your town, region or country? (Do you think that is likely to happen?) Today in brazil we have an inefficient public transportation system. Some problems we face can be summarized in expensive fares and high concentration of public transportation only in one kind of it. In general, the fares charged for a ride are expensive compared with the efficiently of service provided. The most of vehicles used are old, usually are crowded and do not have accessibility for disability holders. We need more investments in this area. The government should buy new buses, repairs the oldest ones and decrease the fares. I believe that with these steps we would have a better transportation system for everyone. - What can be done to persuade more people to use their cars less and public transport more? (Which of those ideas is most likely to work, do you think?) First, the quality an eficiently of public transportation, could be improved. Then, the fares cold be reduced. So, the government could put more busies in the streets. I believe, with these points the people would start to use public transportation more. - Do you think governments are doing enough to cut down on the pollution and CO2 produced by transport? (What else could they do?) No, I don't. We have a lot of buses using fossil fuels which are responsible for produce much CO2. Only few buses uses electricity for moving. Also, we have subways and train for transportation, but the quantity of these kind of transportation is much lower than the buses. We need invest in "green transportation" more. - Do you think the national government should do more to encourage people to spend their holidays in their own country? (What could they do to change people’s opinions?) Yes, I do. When people spend their holidays in their own countries, they help their country's economy. The government could promote more the national tourism with advertising and publicity tools. Also, should be offered financial attractives for local visitors, such as discounts in hotels and sightseeing attractions.