Antonio Tenorio
PHRASAL VERBS It's known that there are many PHRASAL verbs in the English language, and English's teachers usually try us to learn as many of them as possible, what for me it's very interesting, chiefly because I love English, but at the some time a matter of losing time when what you need is gaining fluency as soon as possible. In addition, I'm pretty sure that English people don't use every single one to communicate, but only just a number of them, so why such amount of lists and publications about the topic weather they are not used at all? I'll really appreciate, someone whom kindly convey to me, for instance the 20 more used P.V. in speaking English, just a single list. Thanks in advance.
1

PHRASAL VERBS

It's known that there are many PHRASAL verbs in the English language, and English teachers usually try to teach to us as many of them as possible. For me, it's very interesting, chiefly because I love English, but at the some time a matter of losing time when what you need is gaining fluency as soon as possible. In addition, I'm pretty sure that English people don't use every single one to communicate, but only just a number of them, so why such amount of lists and publications about the topic when they are not used at all?
I'll really appreciate, someone who can kindly convey to me, for instance the 20 more used P.V. in speaking English, just a single list.
Thanks in advance.

1

PHRASAL VERBS

It's well known that there are many phrasal PHRASAL verbs in the English language, and English teachers usually try get us to learn as many of them as possible.  What is very interesting to me is that  I love English, but at the some time, it's difficult to spend so much time on these phrases when what your goal is to gain fluency as soon as possible. In addition, I'm pretty sure that English speakers don't use every single one of these phrases to communicate, but rather only just a number of them.  So why must we learn such long lists and read so much on the topic when they are not used at all?
I would really appreciate it if someone would kindly provide me with the 20 most used P.V. in spoken English.  Just a single list would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Great job!  I can understand your frustration, but of course native speakers never have to read about grammar or memorize lists because they learn organically as children.  Maybe it would be better if you focused on examples of these phrases that you find in more "natural" settings (like TV shows, movies, news articles, books, etc.).  Then it might feel less artificial.  Good luck, and keep going with English.  You already have a high level!

No creo que le ayude mucho aprender 20 frases verbales, pues el nativo promedio utiliza y entiende cientos de ellas. Por ejemplo, el verbo "get" se combina con más de 20 preposiciones para hacer frases verbales con más de 60 definiciones. Véase: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/get /// Y puesto que el significado de una frase verbal es idiomático, no veo otra alternativa más que aprenderlas una por una.
Hi Antonio. I did a web search to find out what phrasal verbes were. Some of the examples were: break out, break in, ask out, Add up to (equal), blow up. Ìt would not surprise me if Spanish also had these types of word pairs. A phrasal verb is only a verb followed by a preposition; for instance. `'Blow up' balloons, The cost of the items on our list 'added up to' ten dollars. Here is the list: www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/phrasal-verbs-list.htm Anyway, don`t let grammar get in the way of practicing your learned language. Good luck. I thought your notebook was well written.