Jie
Homework: The history about the flag of Portugal Today, the culture teacher let us know the history about the flag of Portugal. The flag constitutes of the Green-red background and the Armillary sphere and Shield. The color of the background represents the evolution, which is differ from the traditional color ( Blue and white mean Monarchy). The armillary sphere is a symbol of exploration. In the age of navigation, numerous voyagers of Portugal visit the unknown sea areas. The armillary sphere is the most efficient tool on sea at that time, so this discovery prove that they already had leading global technology about sailing. About the Shield, it is the traditional pattern because it is represented in a long history. Personally, I think it is a symbol that Portuguese people will protect their territory all the time. Actually, I have a question about the Armillary sphere. What is difference between the Chinese armillary and Portuguese? I need to search the answers Later.

Homework: The history about the flag of Portugal

Today, the culture teacher let us know the history about the flag of Portugal.

The flag constitutes of the Green-red background and the Armillary sphere and Shield. The color of the background represents the evolution,

** "Evolution" as a subject, or "the evolution of ..." something??

which is different from the traditional color ( Blue and white to (mean / symbolize) Monarchy). The armillary sphere is a symbol of exploration. In the age of navigation, numerous voyagers (of / from) Portugal visited the unknown sea areas. The armillary sphere is the most efficient (navigation) tool on sea at that time, so this discovery proves that they already had the leading global technology about sailing. About the Shield, it is the traditional pattern because it is represented in a long history. Personally, I think it is a symbol that Portuguese people will protect their territory (all of the time / at all times).

Actually, I have a question about the Armillary sphere. What is the difference between the Chinese armillary and Portuguese one? I need to search for the answers later.

The flag consists of the green-red background and the Armillary sphere and shield. The color of the background represents the revolution, which is different from the traditional color ( Blue and white means monarchy). The armillary sphere is a symbol of exploration. In the age of navigation, numerous voyagers from Portugal visited the unknown areas of the sea areas. The armillary sphere is the most efficient tool at sea at that time, so this discovery proves that they already had leading global technology about sailing. Concerning the shield, it is the traditional pattern because it is represented in a long history. Personally, I think it is a symbol that Portuguese people will protect their territory all the time.

Actually, I have a question about the Armillary sphere. What is difference between the Chinese armillary and Portuguese? I need to search the answers later.

<em>[Good work.]</em>