Jania
{correct my english} #3 Fish or elephant? Stay wise but happy Years ago when I was a child I begged my family to give a freedom for our fish. My mum glanced to fishbowl and said: "Ah I envy this fish at times. Don't worry, they are not bored by their aquarium". - Why- I asked. - You know, fish has such a bad memory that every day it starts a new life. It probably discover it's bowl day after day and finds it quite engaging - mum explained and went out of the room. I knocked at bowl with stirred feelings. I grew up and became a sentiment person. After a squarrel or making any mistake I used to constantly rewatch it in my mind. I spent so many nights with no sleep, restless and anxious. I was concious of acting unwise, but I was unable to stop thinking. Also I became that person who believes that everything happens to us by some reason. Any good or bad events have to be deserved by human. This belief worsen my insomnia, however it made me be seeking for life lessons I have to learn from any events or people I meet on my way. For instance, I meet agressive people on my way again and again; I start to think of it in this way: 'It could not be mere coinsidences. What do I suppose to learn from that? How to go well with this type of people? Or maybe I have some of their trade in my character?'... But only couple of weeks ago a thought crossed my mind: why do I keep all this bad experiences in my memory, if I got it just to learn my lessons. I actually can let myself forget many of this events once I learned lessons that rised these problems. By other words I can forget this day when I was ashamed when public speaking because I was not prepared for presentation, but remember myself promising that I will never do the same mistake. Remember myself preparing for my next presentation, doing my best. So this principle I wrote down in these words: Forget bad things which follow your life lessons as though you are a fish that have a new life, but learn things that you supposed to learn and never forget them as an elephant. (Elephants have the best long term memory I've heard somewhere). Why it is important to remember the lessons that came with our experiences? I think, if we deny to learn this lessons, we will always meet it in different circumstances, people, times untill we fix this problem. But deleting memories that follow our lessons is essential in many cases. We shouldn't let our life-school's experiences/lessons to deprive our happiness. So you are a master of your life

{correct my english} #3 Fish or elephant? Stay wise but happy

Years ago, when I was a child, I begged my family to give a freedom to our fish. My mum glanced at fishbowl and said, "Ah I envy this fish at times. Don't worry, they are not bored in the aquarium". Why?, I asked. 
You know, fish has such a bad memory that every day it thinks its a new day.

'It is probably discovering it's bowl everyday without knowing that its the same bowl and it may even find it quite engaging', mum explained and went out of the room.
I knocked at bowl with mixed/stirred feelings.

I grew up and became a sentiment person. After a quarrel or making any mistake I used to constantly replay it in my mind. I spent so many nights with no sleep, restless and anxious. I was concious of this unwise behaviour, but I was unable to stop thinking. Also I became a person who believes that everything happens to us for some reason. Any good or bad events have to be deserved by a person. This belief worsens my insomnia.

however it made me be seeking for life lessons I have to learn from any events or people I meet on my way.

However,  it makes me seek lessons in life , from  events that had happened or people whom I met

along the way in my life.

For instance, I have met agressive people on my way again and again; I would to start to think of it in this way:it could not be mere coinsidence. What am I suppose to learn from that? How to go well with this type of people? Or, maybe I have some of their traits in my character?'...

............................Sorry , have to stop here ))

But only couple of weeks ago, a thought crossed my mind: why do I have to keep all these bad experiences in my memory, if I got it just to learn my lessons. I actually can let myself forget many of this events once I learned lessons that rised these problems. By other words I can forget this day when I was ashamed when public speaking because I was not prepared for presentation, but remember myself promising that I will never do the same mistake. Remember myself preparing for my next presentation, doing my best.

So this principle I wrote down in these words: Forget bad things which follow your life lessons as though you are a fish that have a new life, but learn things that you supposed to learn and never forget them as an elephant. (Elephants have the best long term memory I've heard somewhere).

Why it is important to remember the lessons that came with our experiences? I think, if we deny to learn this lessons, we will always meet it in different circumstances, people, times untill we fix this problem. But deleting memories that follow our lessons is essential in many cases. We shouldn't let our life-school's experiences/lessons to deprive our happiness. So you are a master of your life