Elie
a Summary of the Speech This is a excellent speech about the importance of learning languages. The speaker can speak more than 20 languages and he is a good speaker with a very clear speaking structure. At the beginning, the speaker questioned media focusing on the wrong point of his talent in a funny and irony way. He appreciated the concern from media, but he cared more about how to learn a new language and why to learn other languages. At the same time, he showed his ability which was really impressive. He spoke many languages such as Arabic, Turkish and Chinese. The Chinese tongue twistor was very nature and clear, which even some Chinese native speakers could’t speak like him. Then, the speaker showed his learning journal since he was 3 years old. He had a great language talent and he dubbed for movies in the early age. As he grew up, learning languages became his unique hobby. He showed some videos which recorded his learning experience. Besides, he showed his two learning methods. The first method was attaching the words with familiar buildings. The second one was remembering words as a group which had similar pronunciation. At last, he said it was really fun to talk to people with their native languages. Finally, he came up with a question: what’s the point of learning a language? Then, he listed many examples to show that there is a real tie between language and culture and it’s impossible to learn a language without knowing the culture. In my opinion, learning other languages will increase the comprehension among people and among countries and it will create a better world. the speech URL: http://tedxteen.com/talks/tedxteen-2014/209-tim-doner-breaking-the-language-barrier I hope you can point out the biggest problem of the writing and how can I improve. Many thanks.

A Summary of the Speech

This is an excellent speech about (on is also good, and more idiomatic) the importance of learning languages. The speaker can speak more than 20 languages and he is a good speaker with a very clear speaking structure. (I'm not sure what you mean by "clear speaking structure". Do you mean that he has a clear speaking voice, or perhaps a clear understanding of the languages he speaks?)

At the beginning, the speaker questioned questions the media focusing on the wrong point of his talent in a funny and irony ironic way. He appreciated appreciates the concern from the media, but he cared cares more about how to learn a new language and why to learn other languages. At the same time, he showed his ability, which was really impressive. He spoke many languages such as Arabic, Turkish and Chinese. The Chinese tongue twistor twister was very nature natural and clear., which There are even some native Chinese speakers could’t who can't speak like him.

Then, the speaker showed his learning journal journey since he was 3 years old. He had a great language talent for languages and he dubbed for acted in movies in the early age when he was younger. As he grew up, learning languages became his unique hobby. He showed some videos which that recorded his learning experience. Besides In addition, he showed his two of his learning methods. The first method was attaching the words with familiar buildings locations. The second one was remembering words as a in groups which had with similar pronunciations. At last Finally, he said it was really fun to talk to people with in their native languages.

Finally, he came up with a question: what’s the point of learning a language? Then, he listed many examples to show that there is a real tie between language and culture and it’s impossible to learn a language without knowing the culture. In my opinion, learning other languages will increase the comprehension understanding among people and among countries and it will create a better world.

the speech URL: http://tedxteen.com/talks/tedxteen-2014/209-tim-doner-breaking-the-language-barrier

I hope you can point out the biggest problem of the in my writing and how can I help me to improve. Many thanks.

---------------

You obviously understand the video very well, which is good. Most of your mistakes are very minor grammatical mistakes. A few bigger things:

-"Which" is used when whatever is following the "which" is not necessary to understand completely what the speaker wants to communicate. For example:

"He graduated from High School at the age of 12, which is impressive."

"That" is used when whatever follows it is necessary to understand completely what the speaker wants to communicate. For example:

"At the bookstore, she saw a book that she needed to read."

-Since the video exists in the present you can use present tense verbs to describe what he is doing and saying. Likewise with movies, books, TV shows, etc. (UNLESS you're talking about the past within the context of the ficitonal universe of the movie, book, show, etc.)

"Comprehension" means "techical understanding". For example:

"The teacher tested his students' reading comprehension in order to figure out what he needed to teach them."