peng
High-rise building - ielts topic Question: Many people think living in high-rise apartment blocks makes people feel lonely and unhappy, while others argue it has advantages. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. It is true that with the development of urbanization, more people come to cities and choose to live in high-rise buildings. There is a heated dispute on whether or not it is beneficial to live this way and this essay will try to discuss both sides and give an answer. Some people argue that it brings several clear drawbacks. First of all, the most evident would be that the cost of living is extremely high. To be more exact, housing price is usually much more expensive. Therefore, many people live together in high-rise apartment complexes and share rooms with others who they may not know at all. This without a doubt will cause stress and other secure problems. As well as this, a secondary disadvantage could be cities lack of a sense of community. This can be explained by the fact that some people do not even know their neighbor. As a result, new residents tend to feel lonely and have homesick. However, on the other hand, living in apartment blocks has a number of obvious benefits. To begin with, the most apparent would be it can be convenient to get to work. This is basically because people do not need to spend time or take trouble to commute and suffer in the traffic congestion, which is commonly-known problem in big cities nowadays. On top of that, high-rise residential buildings normally near a department store which makes shopping extremely easier. On the contrary, people who live in suburb may find it hard to buy things or eat outside after 7 p.m. In conclusion, although it does not feel good to live in apartment complex in some ways, there are some favorable aspects of that. I hope the governments could invest more money to set up entertainment facilities to improve people’s well-being and make them happier.