Анастасия
My hometown I live in the Nizhny Novgorod all my life. It's a medium-size town, population more one million (1 267 760 in 2015, how say wiki), located close to Moscow. Ride from Moscow to Nivhny Novgorod on a car will be one night drive. It's a beatiful city. There are many churches and streets with old houses.
1

My hometown.

have lived in the Nizhny Novgorod all my life. It's a medium-size town, with a population of more than one million (1 267 760 in 2015, how say according to Wiki). It is located fairly close to Moscow. Ride The journey from Moscow to Nivhny Novgorod in a car will be one an overnight drive.
It's a beautiful city, with There are many churches and streets with old houses.

Very understandable Анастасия.

I added "fairly" because "close to" is a relative distance, in smaller countries an overnight drive is not close, but of course Russia is so large that it could be argued that anywhere in the same time zone is 'close'! My night trip from Moscow to Smolensk by train would suggest "fairly close" to me.

We say either "in a car" - because people don't generally ride on top of a car, or just "by car".

1

My hometown

I live in the Nizhny Novgorod all my life. It's a medium-sized town, a population of more than one million (1 267 760 in 2015, is what wiki says), located close to Moscow. Ride from Moscow to Nivhny Novgorod on a car will be one night drive.
It's a beatiful city. There are many churches and streets with old houses.