Elena
what is "..." in english? i've come across a number of questuions that go like "what's the difference between this word and that one?" they are different words, dude! they have different spelling, meaning, etc. if you can use the same word in a variety of different situations in your mother tongue, it's not gonna be the same in the target language. there are almost no full synonyms. so, the point is - provide context. give an example of phrase you wish to say. an answer to a question without context is not only useless, but kind of dangerous.

What is "..." in English?

I've come across a number of questuions that go like "what's the difference between this word and that one?" They are different words, dude! They have different spelling, meaning, etc. If you can use the same word in a variety of different situations in your mother tongue, it's not gonna be the same in the target language. There are almost no full synonyms. so, the point is - provide context. Give an example of phrase you wish to say. An answer to a question without context is not only useless, but kind of dangerous<em>.</em>

<em>[Very good, except for the capitalization.]</em>

What is "..." in English?

I've come across a number of questuions that go like(along the lines of:) "What's the difference between this word and that one?" They are different words, dude! They have different spelling, meaning, etc. If you can use the same word in a variety of different situations in your mother tongue, it's not gonna(going to) be the same in the target language. There are almost no full synonyms. So, the point is - provide context. Give an example of the phrase you wish to say. An answer to a question without context is not only useless, but kind of dangerous.

I can imagine an error in an instruction to mix chemicals, or wiring something or even crossing a road to be 'dangerous' but nowadays language use is changing all the time and for example the word "kill" does not always mean "to take a life". Fortunately a sentence in English can often be understood even with errors - otherwise we could not correct them here!

Of course you are correct Elena, that context is very important, just think of when we have different words that have the same spelling: "close", "bow", "present" etc.,