Наталья
Do you often dream? Do you often dream? I never dream for example. And it always has been. It seems senseless and useless to me. I just know that I want and do it. I don’t want to spend time on some thoughts. What for? But I really often hear a different point of view. That a dream helps us to visualize the goals and it fills life with meaning. In addition, some people believe that thoughts can materialize. What about you? I'll be glad to hear your ideas. By the way, in Russian there are two different words: мечта (a though about we want) and сон (what we see when we sleep). Why in English is there only one word calls dream? It seems to me confusing. Original image http://www.erikjohanssonphoto.com/#/vertical-turn/

Do you often dream?

Do you often dream? I never dream for example and it always has been that way. It seems senseless and useless to me. I just know that I want and to do it. I don’t want to spend time on some thoughts. What for?
But I really often hear a different point of view; that a dream helps us to visualize the our goals and it fills life with meaning. In addition, some people believe that thoughts can materialize.
What about you? I'll be glad to hear your ideas.

By the way, in Russian, there are two different words: мечта (a thought about we want) and сон (what we see when we sleep). Why in English is there only one word calls for dream? It seems to me confusing.

--------

I do think it is that you do not dream, but rather, you cannot remember what you dream of. There are very few reports of people who do not dream or cannot recall dreams, but I am just giving a different perspective on it. To answer your question, I personally believe dreams are the products of our thoughts, wishes, desires, fears, etc. But of course, because each person experiences life differently, they also have different kinds of dreams; some people probably have more vivid and exciting dreams while others may have weird, even horrifying dreams.

To answer your question about the word dream, it's basically our culture. Words are made to name something and if the culture does not deem it neccessary, we won't have a word in it. For example, in English, we have hundreds of ways to insult someone, but in Japanese, there are less than 5 (at least to my knowledge). Just like Russian has words for things we don't have for, English has words for things Russian doesn't have words for.

Do you often dream?

Do you often dream? I never dream for example. And it always has been. It seems senseless and useless to me. I just know what I want and do it. I don’t want to spend time on some thoughts. What for?
But I really very often hear a different point of view. That a dream helps us to visualise the goals and it fills life with meaning. In addition, some people believe that thoughts can materialise.

By the way, in Russian there are two different words: мечта (a thought about what we want) and сон (what we see when we sleep). Why in English is there only one word calls "dream"? It seems confusing to me confusing.

Original image http://www.erikjohanssonphoto.com/#/vertical-turn/

Наталья, surely "мечта (a thought about what we want)" is a "wish"? and "сон (what we see when we sleep)" is a "dream"?

I understood that the sleep stage known as R.E.M (Rapid eye movement) was thought to be the dream phase, and that most people do enter that phase. Also I think that the circumstance have to be just right for you to remember your dream when you awake.

Occasionally I seem to remember who or what I was dreaming about.

The underlined sentence is not required, 'never' is enough to include that.

I suppose the people who claim that their dreams do come true, either have a premonition of a future event, or in some way cause the events in the dream to happen.

Do you often dream?

Do you often dream? for me , i never dream . And it always has been. It seems senseless and useless to me. i believe in doing what i want rather then dreaming. I don’t want to spend time on some thoughts. Why for?
But I really often hear a different points of view. That a dream helps us to visualize the goals and it fills life with meaning. In addition, some people believe that thoughts can materialize.

By the way, in Russian there are two different words: мечта (a though about we want) and сон (what we see when we sleep). Why in English is there only one word calls dream? It seems to me confusing.