美语鹭宝宝
THE SPECIAL MEAL2 So when all were asleep, the landlord switched the two. When Wendy had awoken, he happily went home and told the adventure of his journey. He took out the cloth and said the magic words. But the cloth didn’t even serve a bit of dry bread. “Well there is no help for it than to go to the North wind again.” So he got some food for Daisy for the day and headed off to the North wind. When he had arrived he said that that cloth he got; wasn’t even worth a penny. The North wind this time gave him a goat which can make golden coins; the North wind as usual told him the secret magic words. Wendy that day couldn’t get home, so he stayed at the same inn. But before he ordered anything he said the magic words and in a minute the goat made some gold coins. The landlord thought that this must be a wonderful goat. So he switched it with another goat which couldn’t make gold coins. When Wendy had arrived at home he said the magic words but the goat didn’t make any money at all. So Wendy gave Daisy some more meals and went to the North wind again. When he arrived he said that the cloth and the goat were worth nothing and that he must be paid for the meal. “Well, I have nothing to give but that old stick in the corner. If you say ‘Stick stick lay on’ it lays on until you say ‘Stick stick now stop!’” So Wendy stayed this night with the landlord again. But when he had thought of what had happened with the goat and the cloth, he closed his eyes and began to snore; as if he was asleep. The landlord said that that stick must be worth something; hunted on like it, when he was about to change the two Wendy stood up and called “Stick stick lay on!” And so the stick began to beat the landlord. When Wendy thought the landlord had had enough, he stopped the stick and gave it all back to the North wind, and so he got paid for the meal he had lost.