Michal
「It is written」 日本語では? I found in a textbook a sentence going like that: このドアに「たちいりきんし」と書いてあります。 I'm interested in the end of the sentence. Shouldn't it be: 書いています
Thank you very much, that helps a lot.
Hi Ryan. I’m afraid 「たちいりきんし」と書いています。doesn’t mean “there is たちいりきんしwritten on the door”, because 書く is a transitive verb. If you’d use transitive verb for that meaning, you have to use it in its passive form: 「たちいりきんし」と**書かれ**ています。This one means “there is たちいりきんし written on this door.” And for us, it has same meaning as 書いてあります。 【To Michel】- I’m not sure I could make a comprehensive answer to you. So just allow me to leave a comment. As I wrote to Ryan, since 書く is a transitive verb, it goes only with てある in the meaning of “It is written.” For us, 書いている means to be writing, and ドアに「―――」と書いている is curious, because it sounds like “Somebody **is writing** 「----」 on the door.” But please note different case could exist with other verbs.
You can search on Google for more in depth explanation but basically ~ている something is in this state ~てある someone put it in this state So このドアに「たちいりきんし」と書いてあります。 means "someone wrote たちいりきんし on this door." While このドアに「たちいりきんし」と書いています。 Means "there is たちいりきんし written on this door.