Ester
Kids in jail, parents fail Watching the News these days with all the violence and juvenile crime rates increasing, people wonder if the TV programs and videogames are the majority guilty for it. Although, despite its influences, the role of the parents are almost took aside. Why is that? People in general seems to forget the influence of the parents acts (or its lack) and their behavior in front their kids. A couple of months ago, a marketing video showed some adults followed by little kids copping their vicious habits. It was a shocking video, but also a true warning. Our toddlers are seeing what we do, even when we think they are not. Moreover, the bad habits are what they copy the most. Educating a child is essentially being a living example for him, showing the rights and wrongs, compassion, words of encouragement and (why not?) joy under any circumstances. On the other hand, the demonstration of affection has a great ascendancy on child behavior. Even when both parents work out, leaving their kids in a kindergarten all day, if they prove their kids are important to them, and have quality time together, it all seems to matter more than having a parent at home full time, though no bothering at all with their children actions. The parents’ emotional presence have a huge impact on their kids’ school performance. And later in life, at their adult choices and decisions. An adolescent who never had told by his parents that violent games and movies aren’t the real life, and vengeance is not the solution for his daily problems, will not have a second thought on shooting people in disagreement with him.

Kids in jail, parents fail

Watching the News these days, with all the violence and juvenile crime rates increasing, people wonder if the TV programs and videogames are the major culprit for it. Although, despite its influences, the role of the parents are almost overlooked. Why is that?
People in general seems to forget the influence of the parents actions (or the lack of it) and their behavior in front of their kids. A couple of months ago, a marketing video showed some adults followed by little kids copyig their vicious habits. It was a shocking video, but it also served as a true warning. Our toddlers are seeing what we do, even when we think they are not. Moreover, the bad habits are what they copy the most. Educating a child is essentially being a living example for him, showing the rights and wrongs, compassion, words of encouragement and (why not?) joy under any circumstances.
On the other hand, the demonstration of affection has a great ascendancy on child behavior. Even when both parents work out, leaving their kids in a kindergarten all day, if they prove their kids are important to them and have quality time together,it all seems to matter more than having a parent at home full time even though they are not monitoring their children's actions. The parents’ emotional presence have a huge impact on their kids’ school performance. And later in life, at their adult choices and decisions.
An adolescent who never was told by his parents that violent games and movies aren’t the real life, and vengeance is not the solution for his daily problems will not have a second thought on shooting people who engages in a dispute with him.