David
Kiswahili kwa dawa Bado umepigwa picha? Did you have an x-ray yet? Ni lazima ufanye picha ya tumbo. It is necessary that you do an x-ray of the stomach. Haikuonesha kitu. It did not show anything. Imeonesha kitu. It has shown something. Kuna ambukizo katika matumbo. There is an infection in the intestine. Kuna kansa katika umio. There is a tumor in the esophagus. Nimetumia kitu kufungua umio. I used something to open the esophagus. Kuna kidonda katika tumbo. There is an ulcer in the stomach. Kidondo kilitoa damu sana. The ulcer was bleeding a lot. Ninatumia kitu kuacha damu. I used something to stop the bleeding. Kuna matumbo yamefungwa.  There is a bowel obstruction. Huu ni ugonjwa usiotibika kirahisi. This is not an easy disease to treat. Unahitaji upasuaji sasa hivi. You need to have surgery soon. Utahitaji kutumia dawa hii kila siku. You will need to use this medicine every day. Utahitaji kulazwa hospitalini. You will have to be admitted to the hospital. Unasikiaje leo? How do you feel today? Unapata nafuu kidogo? Are you getting a little better? Unasikia vibaya? Do you feel worse? Shukrani kwa Mungu! Thanks to God! Mungu akipenda. God-willing. Mungu akubariki. God bless you. Baada ya dhiki, faraja. After suffering, there is comfort. Usiogope. Do not be afraid. Kuna habari mbaya. There is bad news. Amefariki dunia. He has passed away. Je, wauguzi wanakuangalia vizuri? Are the nurses looking after you well? Mlima umepanda, sasa unashuka. You’ve climbed the mountain, now you’re descending. Usitumie dawa hii. Stop taking this medicine. Uniruhusu uombe nawe? Would you allow me to pray with you? Glavu zangu ziko wapi? Where are my gloves?
Thank you for these sentences, David! I used to be fluent up until I was 7 years old (many, many years ago) and I find it reassuring to see that I still remember *some* words before I start learning again. Thank you :-)