Dasha
about my job Two of last summer I worked as a conductor of passenger cars in JSC Russian Railways. Generally I worked there for 6 months. This work has irregular schedule, so sometimes I didn't sleep for few days. This type of work include a lot of actions, the conductors have a large number of duties. Working there I had to do different kind of works. I checked their tickets and documents. I helped them to place their luggage in a carriage. I ensured them with sets of bed linen. I had to explain the rules of conduct in the carriage. I offered them tea and sweets. At least two times a day I swept the floor, then mopping the floor in the carriage. I vacuumed rugs. I also wiped tables and windows. At least 4 times a day I was cleaning the toilet. Besides that I had a responsibilities to scrub the sinks, empty the trash, wash the dishes. I ensures the passenger with hot water. I maintained the comfortable temperature in the carriage. I also answered on all questions of the passengers. I responded promptly to their requests. When we arrived, I invited the passengers to exit, helping them to bring out their luggage. After the regular cruise we make a spring clean of the carriage to prepare it for the next cruise. We washed the floors, walls, windows, tables, shelves. We washed all the dishes by a special solution. We washed toilets, wiped the mirrors and windows. We removed all the trash. So I dis a lot of different work. I communicated with many people. Every person has own character. Some passengers can be rough, but the conductor must politely and patiently to treat everyone. It was easy for as I'm patient. In this profession these my qualities as courtesy, patience, and the fact that I'm hardworking were useful.