gino.p
studying mandarin chinese I started to study mandarin chinese some months ago and slowly I'm seeing my progresses. Actually, when I read the first lessons and studied the introductory grammar rules, I thought: "Oh, come on! Why they say Chinese is difficult? It is so rational!" Yes, yes, I know...I have been a true fool. But now I am paying for my childish irony, spilling my blood upon pronunciation and listening comprehension :) I started studying this language because I have always been fascinated by Asian cultures (one of the first books I read in my "mature life" was In Asia by Tiziano Terzani, one of the greatest journalist born in Italy), but along with the study I started appreciating its beauties and difficulties. I'm resoluted to reach a level of competence that can allow me to read novels, poems and essays. At the university I developed a huge passion for comparative studies (I have a MA in Humanities), and for the future I would like to study chinese literature, art and aesthetic. It will be a long journey. Day by day I get aware of how much I'm ignorant about this wide culture, but nothing is more exciting than perceiving how variegated and surprising the world is!
1

Studying Mandarin Chinese

I started to study Mandarin Chinese some months ago and slowly I'm seeing my progress.es. Actually, when I read the first lessons and studied the introductory grammar rules, I thought: "Oh, come on! Why do they say Chinese is difficult? It is so rational!" Yes, yes, I know...I have been a true real fool. But now I am paying for my childish irony, spilling my blood with upon pronunciation and listening comprehension :)

I started studying this language because I have always been fascinated by Asian cultures. One of the first books I read as an adult in my "mature life" was "In Asia", by Tiziano Terzani, one of the greatest journalists born in Italy. But alongside with the studies, I have started appreciating its beauties and difficulties.

I'm determined resoluted to reach a level of competence that can allow me to read novels, poems and essays. At the university, I acquired developed a huge passion for comparative studies (I have a MA in Humanities), and in for the future, I would like to study Chinese literature, art and aesthetics. It will be a long journey. Day by day I am becoming more get aware of how much I'm ignorant I am about this wide culture, but nothing is more exciting than perceiving how varied and surprising the world is!

<em>Very good.  "aesthetics" is not a normal academic subject in the UK.  We might say "art appreciation". </em>

<em>When talking about people, "mature" is the opposite of "childish".</em>

<em>I have corrected your punctuation too.</em>

<em>Buona fortuna, Michael </em>

man, I can see your passion. wish you all the best. it's shame that you don't speak English, and I'm not learning Italian. otherwise, we can practice together. just keep on good work, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about mandarin.
I absolutely agree with you lily!
when learn a new language we will learn a new culture at the same time.which is magic. I started to learn English some monthes ago for the reason to read and replied the emails sent by my customer, and I found it is interesting and enjoyable with the time fly.I met some like-minded friends since I learned English and knew much cultures on the other countries,it's amazing.