Natalia
Letter of advice - what are your impressions? Dear Anna, Thanks for your last letter. I think it's great you want to improve your English skills. Of course I could give you some advice. First of all, why don't you start reading more in English? I know you are fond of fashion. There are plenty of magazines about it. Reading them can help you to improve your English. Another suggestion is to listen to songs in English more often. It's a good way to learn new vocabulary, and it's a fun too. You attend singing club on Fridays so you could combine business with pleasure. The best advice I can give you, though, is to get more English speaking pen-friends and email friends. Not only will you learn a lot of new phrases, but you'll also practise the language actively yourself. Moreover, you'll use modern spoken language instead of that from textbooks. I hope these ideas will help. And remember practice makes perfect, so don't give up too easily! Write and let me know how you get on. Yours, Natalia
Hi Natalia, welcome to italki! the only comment I can make is regarding "You attend singing club on Fridays so you could combine business with pleasure." Of course it is possible that going there is 'work' - you could be a musician or a teacher or even a member of a choir. I'm still trying to decide if you have used "practice" and "practise" correctly! (Thinking about it is confusing...)