Tragedy! An old man was reported missing about 6 years ago. He was never married and had no kids. He lived alone in an apartment that belongs to his employer (the one he retired from), a state-owned company. He liked travelling. He’d be away for a couple of month almost every summer. He was not very close to his neighbors, thus nobody knows exactly when he disappeared. In China, retired people get their pension from their employer (if they worked for a state owned company before their retirement). The retirement office of the employer manages the pension as well as organizes activities for retired people, such as annual medical checkup, get-together, outing, etc. The retirement office of the old man’s employer wasn’t able to contact him for a long time and decided to stop paying him his pension. They were hoping this could make him show up, but he didn’t. That’s was in 2010. They then contacted the old man’s brother and nephew in another province. Together with the policemen, the employer and the nephew went into that apartment. The room was kept intact. There was no sign of robbery or murder or anything like that. A couple of days ago, the employer decided to take back the apartment and contacted the brother and the nephew again. They came to clean up the old man’s stuff. When they opened the door, everything was almost the same as it was a few years ago except that there was more dust on everything. When they were cleaning up the stuff in the bathroom, they found a pile of bones and a pair of slipper behind the washing machine. That’s how they realized that the old man had passed away long before.

Tragedy!

An old man was reported missing about 6 years ago. He was never married and had no kids. He lived alone in an apartment that belonged to his employer (the one he retired from), a state-owned company. He liked travelling. He’d be away for a couple of months almost every summer. He was not very close to his neighbors, thus nobody knows exactly when he disappeared.

In China, retired people get their pension from their employer (if they worked for a state owned company before their retirement). The retirement office of the employer manages the pension as well as organizes activities for retired people, such as annual medical checkups, get-togethers, outings, etc. The retirement office of the old man’s employer wasn’t able to contact him for a long time and decided to stop paying him his pension. They were hoping this would make him show up, but he didn’t.

That’s was in 2010. They then contacted the old man’s brother and nephew in another province. Together with the policemen, the employer and the nephew went into that apartment. The room was kept intact. There was no sign of robbery or murder or anything like that.

A couple of days ago, the employer decided to take back the apartment and contacted the brother and the nephew again. They came to clean up the old man’s stuff. When they opened the door, everything was almost the same as it was a few years ago except that there was more dust on everything.

When they were cleaning up the stuff in the bathroom, they found a pile of bones and a pair of slippers behind the washing machine. That’s how they realized that the old man had passed away long before.

Hello Chikuse,

Another good text and a sad tale. Just a few small mistakes, mainly with plurals.

Bob

Tragedy!

An old man was reported missing about 6 years ago. He was never married and had no kids. He lived alone in an apartment that belongs to his employer (the one he retired from), a state-owned company. He liked travelling. He’d be away for a couple of months almost every summer. He was not very close to his neighbors, thusso nobody knows exactly when he disappeared. (thus is correct, but it is rarely used, so is more common)

In China, retired people get their pension from their employer (if they worked for a state owned company before their retirement). The retirement office of the employer manages the pension as well as organizes activities for retired people, such as annual medical checkups, get-togethers, outings, etc. The retirement office of the old man’s employer wasn’t able to contact him for a long time and decided to stop paying him his pension. They were hoping this could make him show up, but he didn’t.