Dano
A few sentences A fictive dialog between two main characters of the book that I am reading… - Hello Samson, How was your sojourn in the apothecary’s resident? - Good morning my dear brother, it was such a beautiful sojourn. The master was a very bright teacher and he allowed me to make medicines by myself. - I’m happy you enjoyed. I hope that you’re not too sad to leave him. - In a hand, yes I’m sad to leave these beautiful products, but in another hand, I’m glad to see you again my brother.

A few sentences

A fictional dialog between two main characters in a book that I’m reading…

Hello Samson, how was your residency at the pharmacy?
Good morning my dear brother, it was wonderful. The pharmacist I worked under was brilliant, and he even let me to make medicines all by myself.
I’m glad you enjoyed yourself/it. I hope that you’re not too sad to leave him.
On the one hand, yes I’m sad to have to leave those beautiful products, but on the other hand, I’m glad to see you again, my brother.

Wasn’t sure what you meant by a “sojourn in the apothecary’s resident.”

The correction I chose, “residency,” is used to refer to the time that medical students spend embedded in hospitals, but may be incorrect depending on the context. Other words to consider are “internship” (especially if with a particular company), “rotation” (especially if the stay is part of an education which mandates multiple internships at a variety of), “apprenticeship” (especially if with an individual master of some trade). There are also the terms “practicum” and “co-op” that are used for some specific programs, and the words “stay” or “time,” which are more generic.

Also, note that English texts do not tend to use em-dashes to indicate a change in speaker like in French. Instead, the speech is surrounded in quotes and offset in paragraphs, often with the addition of something like “he said” or “Samson replied” at the end.

Some of the changes are optional, but made the speech sound more natural: removing “that,” changing “allowed” to “let.”