Magdalena
About Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I'm mexican and I don't even know what is exactly Thanksgiving and the "Black Friday". What is this celebration about? I'd like someone could explain me. Just corious :) Thank you.
1

About Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

I'm mexican and I don't even know what is exactly Thanksgiving and the "Black Friday". What is this celebration about? I'd like someone could explain me. Just corious :) Thank you.

Voy a corregir su comentario para ayudarle...... mexican es Mexican...I'd like someone to explain it to me.  Just curious.

Thank you Peter. Now it's so much clear for me.
Hola Magdalena! Thanksgiving is a holiday to celebrate the winter survival of the first people from England who lived in the Northeast US. It is all about the friendship of the natives with the whites and how they are a big meal together, so we still eat lots of food- usually turkey. In reality of course the English brought diseases and guns and alcohol and eventually pushed out the natives. Black Friday is not related to Thanksgiving, but actually to Christmas shopping. It is something invented by the companies. It is a huge sale on many items, and people often get hurt running over each other to get cheap televisions and so forth. Some people sleep on the sidewalk to be the first one to get in to the store when they open. It is kind of sad if you ask me.