Marina
Don't be nervous about exams. Native speakers, help me, please:) While answering the messages I got so tired. But I need to do (fulfill?) my duty and to write a note. Because I know myself well. If I miss a day, I will reject the idea of everyday writing)) Native speakers, I need your help. I often have this question but I always forget to ask someone. How can I call a girl who is not my friend but we study together and often have a nice talk? My dictionary tells me "acquaintance". But I have never seen it in authentic texts. Probably, if she was a boy I could call her something like "mate", "pal", "buddy". Ok, let it be "my friend" for this occasion. She is really clever girl. I always wonder how she can read news on the Internet or play games and suddenly catch the prof's question and idea and tell a right answer. She is also broad-minded. Today she was sitting next to me and gradually getting panic about the exam next week. She was mattering and claiming that she would not pass. It was too loud for those who was sitting next. She was swearing. She was not kidding. Attention! We'll have about 16 questions. Usually we have about 100. Btw, she's at the top of our course. What was it?)) I'm a little bit shocked. Everyone is going to pass. I know that she is a little hysterical. But that was really strange. My grandma told me that she had had an A-student at her school. That student was always crying (had been crying?) with tears at the exams. After everyone had calmed her (It took about 5-15 min every time), she passed exams with success. Hey, take it easy, Before you'll be expelled from the university you have an opportunity to retake the exam :)) At least don't do this if you're A-student and you always pass. Ok, at least wait for the real exam:) Sorry, I've just needed the topic for my note)
1

Don't be nervous about exams. Native speakers, help me, please:)

While answering the messages I got so tired. But I need to do (fulfill?) my duty and to write a note. Because I know myself well. If I miss a day, I will reject the idea of everyday writing))

Native speakers, I need your help. I often have this question but I always forget to ask someone.
How can I call a girl who is not my friend but we study together and often have a nice talk? My dictionary tells me "acquaintance". But I have never seen it in authentic texts.
Probably, if she was a boy I could call her something like "mate", "pal", "buddy".

She is technically an acquaintance, which is a person you know but not close enough to be your friend. However, we don't go around saying "Mary is my acquaintance" or "I'm watching a movie with an acquaintance today."

You can just call this girl your "study partner" or "a girl I study with."

Ok, let it be "my friend" for this occasion.

She is really clever girl. I always wonder how she can read news on the Internet or play games and suddenly catch the prof's question and idea and tell a right answer. She is also broad-minded.
Today she was sitting next to me and gradually getting panicky about the exam next week. She was muttering and claiming that she would not pass. It was too loud for those who was were sitting next nearby. She was swearing. She was not kidding. Attention! <-- not a natural phrase to use in this situation We'll have about 16 questions. Usually we have about 100.
Btw, she's at the top of our course. What was it?)) I'm a little bit shocked. Everyone is going to pass.
I know that she is a little hysterical. But that was really strange.

My grandma told me that she had had an A-student at her school. That student was always crying (had been crying?) no, "was always" is correct with tears at the exams. After everyone had calmed her down (it took about 5-15 min every time), she passed exams with success.

Hey, take it easy, before you'll be expelled from the university you have an opportunity to retake the exam :))
At least don't do this if you're A-student and you always pass.
Ok, at least wait for the real exam:)

Sorry, I've just needed the topic for my note)