Tarcio
The finances of people in general in Brazil. "This is a task for my English course." Here in Brazil, we are going through a critical economic crisis, a big recession. The result is awful. People are losing their jobs, and our unemployment reached one of the highest taxes we've ever seen. Another problem is the incresing of the cost of living. An important part of the population doesn't know how work on budget and save money. It's getting very expensive keep our roofs and pay a lot of government taxes. Some people need to get loan in the bank to pay everything they need, but that only keep them hostages' bank. We wish our government reach a solution to rescue Brazil's finances, so more people could pick up work, improve the wages, and quality of life.
1

The finances of people in general in Brazil.

"This is a task for my English course."

Here in Brazil, we are going through a critical economic crisis--a big recession. The result is awful. People are losing their jobs, and our unemployment reached one of the highest taxes [unemployment and taxes don't go together in this context] we've ever seen. Another problem is the incresing of increase in the cost of living. An important part of the population doesn't know how work on budget and save money. It's getting very expensive to keep our roofs and pay a lot of government taxes. Some people need to get loans in from the bank to pay everything they need, but that only keeps them hostages' dependent on the bank. We wish for our government to reach a solution to rescue Brazil's finances, so more people could pick up work, improve their wages, and quality of life.

1

"This is a task for my English course."

Here in Brazil, we are going through a critical economic crisis, a big recession. The result is awful. People are losing their jobs, and our unemployment reached one of the highest taxes (this is not the correct word, I think you mean level) we've ever seen. Another problem is the incresing of the cost of living (what you wrote is correct, but most people will leave out "of the" and it still is correct). An important (I think you mean large) part of the population doesn't know how work on a budget and save money. It's getting very expensive keep our roofs a roof over our heads and pay a lot of government taxes. Some people need to get loan in from the bank to pay everything they need, but that only keep makes them hostages' to the bank. We wish our government would reach a solution to rescue Brazil's finances, so more people could pick up work, improve their wages, and quality of life.

For this sentence:

It's getting very expensive keep a roof over our heads and pay a lot of government taxes.

I assumed you were going for the english expression which is "keep a roof over our heads", but if not, you could just have said:

It's getting very expensive keep our homes and pay a lot of government taxes.