Iacopo
IELTS academic writing attempt 1 Most schools offer some type of physical education program to their students. Why is physical education important? Should physical education classes be required or optional? Many educational institutions provide their students with mandatory physical education classes. Some people think their children should have the opportunity to avoid choosing physical education courses if they are not comfortable attending them. It is my belief that considering physical education as a required course can help youngsters to grow not only physically but even mentally, and it can provide them with helpful and useful skills that they can use in their future careers. Since the Roman age, the benefits of exercising on mental health are well known. According to a study published by Harvard, adopting physical exercising as an alternative approach to cure patients affected by depression has several advantages. For instance, adding exercises to a normal therapy allow doctors to diminish the regular medication intake, which reduce the possibility to incur in side effects. Another important reason of teaching physical education courses is to make students used to the concept of keeping fit. Beyond the obvious consequence of being more athletic and having a stronger body, as reported recently by Scientific American, there is a correlation between our physical development and our immune system health. The more we exercise, the more our immune system will improve, preventing us to get seasonal diseases and illnesses (I’m not sure that “seasonal disease” is right, we have something similar in Italian. I searched for that on the vocabulary but nothing came out. The first time I wrote “to get cold, flu and become sick” but I wanted to write something “higher level”). The third and most undervalued advantage of attending a physical education class is that playing team games, such as soccer and football, students can learn how to work as a group as opposed to work as an individual. For instance, a close friend of mine succeeded in a job interview by showing the examiner his attitude to cooperate with other people in a team, skill learnt playing rugby since he was a child. To conclude, attending physical education courses is necessary for students because it has several bright sides.

IELTS academic writing attempt 1

Most schools offer some type of physical education program to their students. Why is physical education important? Should physical education classes be required or optional?

Many educational institutions provide their students with mandatory physical education classes. Some people think their children should have the opportunity to avoid choosing physical education courses if they are not comfortable attending them. It is my belief that considering physical education as a required course can help youngsters to grow not only physically but even mentally, and it can provide them with helpful and useful skills that they can use in their future careers.

Since the Roman age, the benefits of exercising on mental health are well known. According to a study published by Harvard, adopting physical exercising as an alternative approach to cure patients affected by depression has several advantages. For instance, adding exercises to a normal therapy allowS doctors to diminish the regular medication intake, which reduceS the possibility to incur in <em>of incurring</em> side effects.

Another important reason of TO teaching physical education courses is to make students used to the concept of keeping fit. Beyond the obvious consequence of being more athletic and having a stronger body, as reported recently by Scientific American, there is a correlation between our physical development and our immune system health. The more we exercise, the more our immune system will improve, preventing us to get from getting seasonal diseases and illnesses (I’m not sure that “seasonal disease” is right, we have something similar in Italian. I searched for that on the vocabulary but nothing came out. The first time I wrote “to get cold, flu and become sick” but I wanted to write something “higher level”). (It makes sense to me)

The third and most undervalued advantage of attending a physical education class is that <em>BY</em> playing team games, such as soccer and football, students can learn how to work as a group as opposed to workING as an individual. For instance, a close friend of mine succeeded in a job interview by showing the examiner ( I wouldn't say say 'show' as he can't really show it. Maybe: mentioning, discussing, highlighting)  his attitude ability to cooperate with other people in a team, <em>a</em> skill learnt playing rugby since he was a child.

To conclude, attending physical education courses is necessary for students because it has several bright sides.

=========

Very well done! Only your final sentence is not the same high quality as the rest (in my opinion)