Amir
I need general information of this paragraph This late-life bond may be especially important to the"Baby Boom" generation now in adulthood, who average about two or three siblings apiece. High divorce rates and the decision by many couples to have only one or no children will force members of this generation to look to their brothers and sisters for support in old age. And, as psychologist Deborah Gold of the Duke Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development points out, "Since people are living longer and are healthier longer they will be more capable of giving help." Critical events can bring siblings together or deepen an existing rift, according to a study by psychologists Helgola Ross and Joel Milgram of the University of Cincinnati. Parental sickness or death is a prime example. Ross and Milgram found that siblings immersed in rivalry and con- flict were even more torn apart by the death or sickness of a parent. Those siblings who had been close since childhood became closer.