Anastasia
Studying abroad Imagine striding on an amazing unfamiliar street to an excitingly modern and refined building of your new university. You are meeting new people and start making friends while acknowledging the still somewhat strange culture and manners approved in a country foreign for you. This is what it feels like to study abroad. Nevertheless, just as everything else in our life, going abroad for getting higher education has its pros and cons. As for the psychological aspect, not only it does provide you with the great opportunity of striking up an acquaintance with new people, it also might strengthen some relationships with people who stayed at your mutual motherland, as it is known that distance makes feelings grow bigger. On the other hand, you will most likely miss your friends and regret they cannot share the completely strange experience with you. From the cultural perspective, learning the principles and rules of the culture of another country is tempting and enthralling. You will be able to see every distinguishing characteristic of nation’s mindset and mentality with your own eyes, visit all the most important and historically significant sights in the city, that will definitely leave indelible impression. Unfortunately, being put in such an opposing and maybe even arrogant for you environment you will simultaneously experience the phenomenon of cultural shock, which is perceived as something rather negative. Considering both psychological and social aspects, we can deduce you will benefit from the possibility to improve your foreign language skills, once you decide to go for the studying abroad. It is impossible to avoid interactions with native speakers and, therefore, you will upgrade your knowledge of the language, especially enhancing vocabulary. However, the major disadvantage of it is not being able to use your mother tongue as often and even partially forgetting how to speak it. Moreover, no matter how advanced you are in a foreign language, there always will be so-called the language barrier, which means you will not be able to understand everything you are told. All in all, there are no “winning” variant to such a dilemma. To make a decision whether to study abroad or not will always depend on personal values and judgments of a person.

Studying abroad

Imagine striding down an amazing unfamiliar street to the excitingly modern and refined building of your new University. You meet new people and start to make friends while absorbing the still rather strange culture and manners approved in a country foreign for you. This is what it feels like to study abroad.
Nevertheless, just as with everything else in our life, going abroad for a higher education has its pros and cons. As for the psychological aspect, not only it does provide you with the great opportunity of striking up an acquaintance with new people, it also might strengthen some relationships with people who remained home in your motherland, as it is known that distance makes feelings grow stronger. On the other hand, you will most likely miss your friends and regret they cannot share the completely strange experience with you.
From the cultural perspective, learning the principles and rules of the culture of another country is tempting and enthralling. You will be able to see every distinguishing characteristic of their mindset and mentality with your own eyes, visit all the most important and historically significant sights in their cities and that will definitely leave indelible impression. Unfortunately, being put in such an opposing and maybe even seemingly arrogant environment you will simultaneously experience the phenomenon of cultural shock, which is perceived as something rather negative.
Considering both psychological and social aspects, we can deduce you will benefit from the possibility to improve your foreign language skills, once you decide to go to study abroad. It is impossible to avoid interactions with native speakers and, therefore, you will upgrade your knowledge of the language, especially enhancing vocabulary. However, the major disadvantage of it is not being able to use your mother tongue as often and even partially forgetting how to speak it. Moreover, no matter how advanced you are in a foreign language, there always will be the so-called 'language barrier', which means you will not be able to understand everything you are told.
All in all, there is no “winning” variant to such a dilemma. To make a decision whether to study abroad or not will always depend on personal values and judgments.

Studying abroad

Imagine striding on an amazing unfamiliar street to an excitingly modern and refined building of your new university. You are meeting new people and starting to make friends while acknowledging the still somewhat strange culture and manners approved in a country foreign for to you. This is what it feels like to study abroad.
Nevertheless, just as everything else in our life, going abroad for getting higher education has its pros and cons. As for the psychological aspect, not only it does provide you with the great opportunity of striking up an acquaintances with new people, it also might strengthen some relationships with people who stayed back at your mutual motherland, as it is known that distance makes feelings grow bigger. On the other hand, you will most likely miss your friends and regret that they cannot share the completely strange experience with you.
From the cultural perspective, learning the principles and rules of the culture of another country is tempting and enthralling. You will be able to see every distinguishing characteristic of nation’s mindset and mentality with your own eyes, visit all the most important and historically significant sights in the city. That will definitely leave an indelible impression. Unfortunately, being put in such an opposing and maybe even arrogant for you environment for you, you will simultaneously experience the phenomenon of cultural shock, which is perceived as something rather negative.
Considering both psychological and social aspects, we can deduce that you will benefit from the possibility to improve your foreign language skills, once you decide to go for the studying abroad. It is impossible to avoid interactions with native speakers and, therefore, you will upgrade your knowledge of the language, especially enhancing vocabulary. However, the major disadvantage of it is not being able to use your mother tongue as often and even partially forgetting how to speak it. Moreover, no matter how advanced you are in a foreign language, there always will be so-called the language barrier, which means you will not be able to understand everything you are told.
All in all, there are is no “winning” variant to such a dilemma. To make a decision whether to study abroad or not will always depend on personal values and judgments of a person.