Thayná Camila
English I am having hard problems with the words: widen depth broad broaden width deepen Can someone create a text that I can decorate it?
1

English

I am having hard problems with the words:
widen
depth
broad
broaden
width
deepen

Can someone create a text that I can decorate study or learn from it?

I will summarize the differences in the words, then write some sentences

widen, deepen, and broaden are all verbs

width, depth, and breadth are all nouns

wide, deep, and broad are adjectives

broad and wide are almost synonyms, so they can generally be used interchangeably. The same goes for the verbs and nouns based on those words. 

To measure something, generally 3 dimensions are needed: height, width, and depth. Depth is usually a measure of a 3rd dimension...like an ocean. Also depth perception is the ability of people to see in 3D (to see how far away or close something is).

Also, broaden and deepen can be used metaphorically. To "deepen your understanding" of something is to make your knowledge of something more complete. To "broaden your horizons" is to open your mind to new ideas or concepts.

Here are some examples:

I needed to measure the space in my apartment to see if the new couch would fit. I needed to measure the height, width, and depth of where I wanted to put it.

The hole is not big enough to plant the tree. We need to deepen it.

The river is broad. The river is wide (both talk about the measurement from one shore of the river to another).

The river is deep. (the measurement from the surface of the water to the land beneath the river)

I hope this helps.