John
Why I'm Thankful to My Students This past weekend was Thanksgiving here in the States. It's a time not only to celebrate with food and family and friends. It's a time to remember what we're thankful for. For me I am thankful for not only the friends I've met and known in person. I am thankful for the students that I've helped and gotten to known here on iTalki. Years ago, my parents came to this country with their children, wanting to make a better life for them. I saw not only how hard it was for them to learn English, but I realize the importance - not just for work but to connect with the community around us. Now I have an opportunity to help others. Not only can students benefit from my education here in the States, I love sharing my experiences growing up here in this country. So, this holiday I am thankful for the students I've met on iTalki and for those who I have yet to meet!
Thanks, Abdul - yes, although I help other students, I'm always learning. In fact, that's another reason why I'm grateful. I love when we discover an idea or lesson together.
Hi John, was not sure if this was a notebook entry for correction or not. Because you're English is great and you are tutor on italki. It is good to hear you have had such experiences with italki and are helping others find themselves. best