Mathieu
A long way to education part 1 I consider myself as an intelligent man and I say that without pretension but I think that is the truth. I can speak two languages fluently and I am almost there with Spanish and German. I said earlier because education tracking has been laborious and it is not over yet. The book of Nelson Mandela, A long way to freedom, describes the long way for the black people to get the same right that the white people in South Africa, however, in my case, it should be the long way of education. I attempted high school in 2007, without all the credit that I needed to have my diploma so I had to go to a special school to finish the classes which I didn’t have. It lasted approximately six months and I went to College after. I just want to make a little parenthesis before to continue my story. I am from the province of Quebec and the Education system works a little bit differently. We all have to go to a kind of College before the university. So, at the winter semester 2008, I began the College and I didn’t know what to do. I decided to begin with a general program which allowed me to take the common classes. In this case, it was the best option because I was not really wasting because whatever the program that I would have chosen, I had to do these classes. At the winter semester 2009, I decided to do a college degree in computer science. At the beginning, my classes pleased, however, this feeling disappeared slowly. At the second semester, I failed more than the half of my courses. When it happened, the college banished me for a semester. Unfortunately, it happened twice so I have been banished for a second time, therefore, I have been banished for a year. I couldn’t go back to this college for studying because I failed too many classes, to many times so If I wanted to pursue my studies in this area I had to continue in another College. It is exactly what I did after a year of break because I was convinced that it was for me. Furthermore, I didn’t want to give up because having a degree is really important nowadays. In changing of college, almost all the classes that I haven’t failed in the other College have been recognized. I stayed at this college during a year. I decided to take a break in 2012 because I have finally realized that my place was not in this program. I didn’t know where my place was but it was not there. I worked almost all the year. I had a full time job at the grocery store which I have been working for seven years now.

A Long Way to Education, Part 1

I consider myself as an intelligent man -- and I say that without pretension -- but I think that is the truth. I can speak two languages fluently and I am almost there with Spanish and German. I said <em>earlier</em>* because education tracking has been laborious and it is not over yet. The book of by Nelson Mandela, A Long Way to Freedom, describes the long way path for the black people to get the same rights that the white people had in South Africa. However, in my case, it would be the long way of education.

I attempted high school in 2007, without all the credit that I needed to have my diploma, so I had to go to a special school to finish the classes which I didn’t have. It lasted approximately six months and I went to College afterwards. I just want to make a little parenthesis before to continuing my story. I am from the province of Quebec and the Education system works a little bit differently. We all have to go to a kind of College before the university. So, at in the winter semester of 2008, I began {or "started"}  the College and I didn’t know what to do. I decided to begin with a general program which allowed me to take the common classes. In this case, it was the best option because I was not really wasting my time because, whatever {better=whichever} was the program that I would have chosen, I had to do these classes (anyway). At During {or "For"} the winter semester of 2009, I decided to do a college degree in computer science. At the beginning, I was please with my classes. pleased, However, this feeling disappeared slowly {="gradually faded"}. At By the second semester, I failed more than the half of my courses. When it happened, the college banished {better=expelled} me for a semester. Unfortunately, it happened twice, so I have been banished for a second time, therefore, I have been was banished for a year. I couldn’t go back to this college for to studying because I failed too many classes, too many times. So if I wanted to pursue my studies in this area, I had to continue in another College. It This is exactly what I did after a year-long of break because I was convinced that it was for me. Furthermore, I didn’t want to give up because having a degree is really important nowadays. In changing of colleges, almost all the classes that I haven’t failed in the other College have been were recognized. I stayed at this college during for a year. I decided to take a break in 2012 because I had finally realized that my place was not in this program. I didn’t know where my place was, but it was not there. I worked almost all the year. I had a full time job at the grocery store which I have been working forseven years now.

*Changed to italics to emphasize the word, as implied by the sentence

Notes:

Essay titles are capitalized

Book titles are underlined