rioko
別れ際のあいさつJapanese phrases for saying goodbye to someone. Formal 1失礼いたしました。(しつれいいたしました)   ↑  2失礼しました。(しつれいしました)      3さようなら。(GOOD BYE)      4さよなら。(BYE)   ↓  5またね。(See you AGAIN) Casual 6じゃあね。(THEN I've gotta go) Today, I'm gonna talk about 1 and 2 1 失礼いたしました  2 失礼しました To the teacher, elder people, people who are in a high position, people who you don't know very well. I'm sorry to interrupt. You talked with the teacher and you got it, and you are about to leave. In teachers' room Student: (ノック) (knock knock) Teacher: どうぞ               By all means. [*Does it sound natural?] Student: 失礼します。            I'm coming in.       ここがわからないのですが。  I don't get this point. (So can you teach me?)) Teacher: ああ、ここは…あーだこーだ。 Ah, this is ...blah blah blah. Student: ああ、ありがとうございます。  Oh, Thank you.       わかりました。          I got it. Teacher: ほかになにかききたいことはありますか?  Are there anything else you wanna ask? Student: いえ、だいじょうぶです。     No, I'm fine.       ありがとうございました。     Thank you.       (室内から出る直前)失礼しました。(being about to leave the room) Sorry to interrupt. 失礼 means being rude. 失 is losing, 礼 is courtesy. So 1 and 2 means I'm sorry for being rude literally. The student interrupt the teacher and he is leaving just after what he wants. It's a little bit rude. And saying goodbye to the elder or people in higher position from the junior is a little rude in Japan. We should wait until the elder allow us to leave by all rights. And いたしました is a more formal way to say しました. We don't use いたしました very often when we are students, but we have to use it after we become adults、especially in business. めんどくせーーですlol  I hate having to do that. By the way, how do you say めんどくさい in English? These are what I googled:) I hate having to do that. It's really a pain in the neck. can't be bothered. It's such a ass.

To my friend

what you said is right in some point but 失礼します is a formal way to say sorry to bother 「邪魔して ごめん」.
It's difficult to explain... but I'll try to!
I think the difference between ごめん and 失礼します。/失礼いたします。 is in what situation you use the word.

失礼します is used usually when you are to bother someone. And you can say it however you are not very sorry, but you wanna try to be polite. Such as you are to talk to someone who seems to be doing something, to enter someone's room (cuz it's a little like invading someone's territory), and to leave someone behind(You are going to do a rude thing that you leave)) 
F.I.
1〇しつれいします。お電話がありました。Excuse me, There's a phone call. (interrupting your boss seems to have a look on papers)
2〇しつれいします。(being about to leave)
3〇しつれいします。(entering someone's room)

1×ごめんなさい。お電話がありました。(That sounds you are really sorry)
2、3×ごめんなさい。(we don't say ごめんなさい in this situation)
2,3△ごめんください。(OK but a little old fashioned)

And you use 失礼しました when you are afraid you might have interrupted someone or bothered someone(you also use this you have made a slight mistake. If you think you made a big mistake, you should say 申し訳ない(もうしわけない)or 申し訳ございません。instead )

ごめんorごめんなさい are most widely-used and used in a very similar way of the word, sorry.
申し訳ない is the best thesaurus of ごめんなさい which means only sorry. 

Thank you! You helped me a lot! I have to say sorry it's not a phrase you use when you wanna say good bye but when you wanna leave someone behind or go out of the room politely, precisely speaking(´・ω・`)ごめんね~

Sorry I have just find that しつれいします is not a word for goodbye.

It's just a word when you want to leave politely lol.

I enjoyed your little lesson. In regards to めんどうくさい - "It's such a pain in the ass/neck" is pretty popular. "It/that sucks" is also popular. Friend: Do you like learning Japanese? You: No, it sucks! There are these things called Kanji that are impossible! Friend: That sucks!

OMG the content in this simbol<> is invisible:(