Gisele Lira
Why find English natives to talk is so hard? Why find English natives to talk is so hard?
1

Formatting is easier to read here:

Read this joke out loud, and see if you understand it:

Patient: Doctor, Doctor, I’ve god a two theik, a near rake, soar rise, bruise darms, a stummer cake and I far tall the time.
Doctor: I see, perhaps you’d like to way din the corridor?

Of course, this joke is meaningless when you read it on the screen, but believe it or not that's exactly how English native-speakers would say it:

Patient: Doctor, Doctor, I’ve got a tooth ache, an ear ache, sore eyes, bruised arms, a stomach ache and I fart all the time.
Doctor: I see, perhaps you’d like to wait in the corridor?

One of the hardest features of English is how native speakers say words in sentences very differently to those words alone. This is what linguists called connected speech. Actually, connected speech exists in all languages, but it's especially big in English. Just like grammar, there are rules on how connected speech works, but I don't advise learning them as they're very difficult and abstract. What I suggest you do is watch some English-language TV and movies (no more than 5-10 mins at a time) with no subtitles. When you hear something you don't understand, watch again with the subtitles and make a note: How are they saying it differently to the individual words? Then make a note for later use.

1

Why is finding English natives to talk with so hard?

Good question. I don't know. I haven't had any trouble finding Spanish natives to talk with.

It isn't easy finding English natives to talk to??
Read this joke out loud, and see if you understand it: Patient: Doctor, Doctor, I’ve god a two theik, a near rake, soar rise, bruise darms, a stummer cake and I far tall the time. Doctor: I see, perhaps you’d like to way din the corridor? Of course, this joke is meaningless when you read it on the screen, but believe it or not that's exactly how English native-speakers would say it: Patient: Doctor, Doctor, I’ve got a tooth ache, an ear ache, sore eyes, bruised arms, a stomach ache and I fart all the time. Doctor: I see, perhaps you’d like to wait in the corridor? One of the hardest features of English is how native speakers say words in sentences very differently to those words alone. This is what linguists called connected speech. Actually, connected speech exists in all languages, but it's especially big in English. Just like grammar, there are rules on how connected speech works, but I don't advise learning them as they're very difficult and abstract. What I suggest you do is watch some English-language TV and movies (no more than 5-10 mins at a time) with no subtitles. When you hear something you don't understand, watch again with the subtitles and make a note: How are they saying it differently to the individual words? Then make a note for later use.
Hi, Sara! Gisele said that isn't easy find english language native to talk. Understand? later