Julianna
Third Change to Sunshine Running in Two Months On October 19, 2015,the sports department in order to further strengthen students’ exercise intensity that changed the sunshine running rules for third times in two months.The valid time of the sunshine running by 40 minutes reduced to 16 minutes, and the effective distance increased from 1200 meters to 2400 meters. “To increase the distance and shorten the time can make students run more, and running is better than walking to improve students’ physique”,sports department spokesman said. Since September 5, 2015, the sports department made the sunshine running, performed by all sophomore, junior students to attend. The running dates shall not be less than 45 days,otherwise it would be to fail, and people who didn't pass the exam will be delay graduation. Sophomore female Yu Li said:”At the beginning, we have enough time to accomplish the task by walking because of the short distance and long time. Later, it is difficult to complete the task by using the old way, and the reason why we have to run faster is that the time is shorten and the distance is increased”. The change causes a lot of controversy. A girl from art department complained:”The rules of change is totally unreasonable that in a short period of time to complete the 2400-meter running, completely beyond the student's physical strength,.We are too tired to want to faint in every day ", many students agreed with the statement, holding significant opposition to the change. However,there are students support the change”I have so much pressure that I have to run every day that can urge me to run.Insisting for a long time not only can complete my tasks,but also my body get exercise”. The sports spokesman said:”This is a school rule,so no matter you like it or not,and you must actively complete it. The time and distance will not be restored”.
Dec 1, 2015 3:06 PM