how long does it take to learn swedsih?

i am from china and speak english pretty good. im currently living in Sweden and study in university in english. I wonder how long time it will take me to learn and master swedish language! I have some friends from Germany who learn swedish very fast because they are a bit similar.
Thanks for your answer! !

For learning: Swedish

Answers

I don't think it will take you long to learn Swedish. It is much easier for German people to learn it because there is a great number of the same or similar words in both languages. But nevertheless Swedish is another language and you will have to work hard to learn it fast. Good luck!

English grammar and Swedish grammar aren't that different(at least not when compared to Chinese), so knowing English will certainly help you.

If you study a lot, a year maybe. At least to get conversational. Three to four years to get fluent.

More open questions for learning Swedish

More resolved questions for learning Swedish