Are there some ways to improve my hearing of English?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    Here are some tips to improve your listening skills in English:

* Listen to the 'music' of English.
    Do not use the 'music' of your native language when you speak English. Each language has its own way of 'singing'.

* Use the dictionary.
    Try and familiarize yourself with the phonetic symbols of your dictionary. Look up the correct pronunciation of words that are hard for you to say.

* Make a list of frequently used words that you find difficult to pronounce and ask someone who speaks the language well to pronounce them for you. the person could be a teacher, a chatting pal, a real native speaking friend.
    Record these words, listen to them and practice saying them. Listen and read at the same time.

* Buy books on tape.
    Record yourself reading some sections of the book. Compare the sound of your English with that of the person reading the book on the tape.

* Record your own voice and listen for pronunciation mistakes.
    Many people hate to hear the sound of their voice and avoid listening to themselves speak. However, this is a very important exercise because doing it will help you become conscious of the mistakes you are making.

Hi Peter, this italki site will help improve your listening skills
    http://www.italki.com/knowledge/page/IMPROVE%20YOUR%20ENGLISH%20LISTENING%20SKILLS.htm

OOPT

Hi Peter,

Why not go to www.audible.co.uk or www.audible.com. Here you can download books, perhaps ones that you have already read in your own language, and listen to someone read them to you. I have found this very helpful whilst I learn French. I can listen to the same passages over and over again until they become familiar, whilst enjoying a book that I love.

Hope this helps,
    Take care,

Josephine

More resolved questions for learning English