"It's more fun." or "It's funner."? Which is right and why?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    I have to agree with Rach, it's unlikely you'd ever use "funner" unless you wanted to sound silly. I checked a few forums, and the general consensus is that funner/funnest sound a little babyish. So use this pattern:

fun - more fun - the most fun.

And to clear up some confusion by other members...

funny - funnier - the funniest

"Fun" and "funny" have clearly different usages, despite both being related to entertainment.

Irregular adjectives! It can be difficult for a start, but once you commit all to memory, its a breeze!
    "funner" is NOT A REAL WORD! The only other variation for the word fun (that i can think of) is funny.
    Here's a list of Irregular Adjectives:

Positive Degree ------Comparative Degree ------Superlative Degree
    bad -------------------------------worse --------------------------(the) worst
    far(a) -----------------------------farther -------------------------(the) farthest
    -------------------------------------further -------------------------(the) furthest
    fun -------------------------------more fun ----------------------(the) most fun
    good ------------------------------better ---------------------------(the) best
    little (amount) -------------------less ---------------------------(the) least
    little (size) ----------------------smaller ----------------------(the) smallest
    much / many --------------------more -------------------------(the) most

:)

1)ONE SYLLABLE ADJECTIVE 2)COMPARATIVE 3)ADJECTIVE SUPERLATIVE ADJ
    1)TALL 2)TALLER3) TALLEST
    1)CLEAR 2)CLEARER 3)CLEAREST
    1)BIG 2)BIGGER3) BIGGEST
    1)FUN2)FUNNIER3)FUNNIEST
    CANT SAY
    MORE CLEAR OR MORE CLEARER OR MORE CLEAREST

CAN SAY

1)CAREFUL 2)MORE CAREFUL3) MOST CAREFUL
    1)IMPORTANT2) MORE IMPORTANT 3)MOST IMPORTANT

I HOPE IT HELPS YOU

Both are correct but the first one is a noun and the second is an adjective. Adjectives are used for comparisons with some rules depending of the lengh of the word or sometimes the ending.

there is no "ITS FUNNER" to adjective something,,,usually use like this style:its funny
    for the "It's more fun." ,generally using it like this-----its much/a lot of funnier
    FUN------->FUNNIER------->FUNNIEST
    Sorry, I'm not a native speaker, but in dictionaries you'll find a noun 'fun' and an adjective 'funny'.
    Only 'funny' may have comparative or superlative form. They are 'funnier' and 'funniest'
    The film is getting funnier.
    It's the funniest film I've ever seen.
    ('funny' is adjective)
    But,
    We had a lot of fun.
    Let's have more fun.
    In these sentences 'fun' is a noun.

So, adjective - funnier
    noun - more fun

I hope that helped you

I'm a native speaker and know English grammar well. Listen to the first response. Funner is not correct at all despite the fact that most people say it. Even if it's only one syllable, fun is irregular due to the n, a letter with which most adjectives do not end. Fun can be a noun, in which case more fun just means a greater quantity of fun. Funny is regular and the comparative and superlative forms are funnier and funniest, respectively.
    Sam, thank you for this very interesting question. I've learnt that many people say 'funner', in slang, I guess.
    But, 'fun' is not an adjective, it's a noun in standard English.
    So, I would say: "We had a fun day" (a nonstandard adjective 'fun' in colloquial speech)
    But I woud write: "We had a lot of fun today"