what is the meaning of<revenge is a dish best served cold>

what is the meaning of

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    "Revenge is a dish best served cold" is an old Italian saying...It means when you get revenge, it is best to do it with a cold non caring heart instead of a warm good heart. This is way the attack is much more sinister and bad. It mentions a dish, and it is a complicated form of English. It also sounds like food that can be warmed up. Serve your best revenge without a heart!

Revenge is a dish best served cold means wait to respond until you get over the anger. Angry people react too strongly.

If you wait for revenge, then you have time to "cool off" and consider your reasons for doing so. A quick revenge is considered too "hot-headed" to be reasonable.

It's also said that "revenge is sweet" and "revenge digs two graves".

Which, according to my calculations*, revenge equals over seven thousand litres of icecream!! ^^

* estimated volume of a grave is 3.6m³ (2 x 1 x 1.8m ...OK, I know modern graves are shallower, but let me dream). Multiply by two, then fill that with the sweet dish served cold.

First of all, it is a Proverb. Someone hurts you and you do nothing at the moment waiting for a "better" moment to do the same to this person. Cold is used to explain that you don't do anything until the nervousness disappears and you are relaxed to act.First you think and then you act.Did I help?