Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Bulgarian and Russian

Hi Friends, I am starting to learn Bulgaria now for business. I find that the Russian and Bulgarian share same letters. I guess the pronaunciation is the same, isn't it? In China, it's hard to find a practical Bulgarian textbook for a beginner. Shall i start with Russian? Will it confused my Bulgarian study later on?
Tks for your kind help.

For learning: Bulgarian

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    The Russians and the Bulgarians understand each other as the languages are very similar but why to study Russian while you need Bulgarian. I would recommend you to find a textbook of Bulgarian on the Internet or on this site.