How different is the Portuguese from Brazil and Portugal?

I would think that it's sort of like English between the US and the UK, or like Spanish between Latin America and Spain.

For learning: Portuguese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    good question,the difference between Portuuese form Brazil and Portulgal I don't know right, but is more in the way of talking, the different words that they use(but we(Brazil) have the same words,but we don't use so much), I think that the Portuguese from Portugal is more formal.
    Example:
    - Você está falando comigo? - Brazil
    - Tu estás à falar comigo? - Portugal
    * "Tu" have the same meaning of "você", but "tu" is more formal than "você", a little of Brazilian people talk with "tu"
    * "está and "estás" too.
    * "a falar" and "falando" too have the same meaning, "falando" follows the way of English("ndo" = "ing")
    it's what differ each,but have others words that differ too.
    Vocabulary:
    Tu,você = You
    Está,Estás = tobe verb(is,are,be...)
    Falando, à falar = talking

I think that you need to improve your English too xD

Yes, you are right... The differences are very little, like british english and american english...

Good luck in your studies!!!

More open questions for learning Portuguese