what's the meaning of ביצה and ביצת? They are same?

what's meaning of עין?

For learning: Hebrew

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Meaning of a certain word can vary depending on its context. So I suggest you write with the word its context so that you can get the appropriate meaning. For the word ביצה you aked, I guess it's in a context which needs its meaning of "egg"... Let me add the possibilities below:

ביצה
    nf. swamp, marsh, quagmire, bog, fen, slew, slough
    nf. egg, ovum

But if you look it up in a good and concise dictionary, you'll probably see "egg" and "testicle" only. There's the problem of Hebrew spelling here, for example, for the meaning "marsh", you should spell the word as בצה. However, with the same pronunciation in modern Hebrew (with no distinguishing the long vowels with the short ones while paying no attention to the Dagesh), you can see the spelling ביצה as well.

The form ביצת you asked about is the word ביצה in its construct state, i.e. modified by a noun which follows it. In the contruct state, a feminine word changes its ה to ת, which is exactly how ביצת is formed.

The second word you asked faces the same problem... there are many possibilities... though I think you might be asking about its meaning of "eye". I'm listing below:

עין
    nf. stitch; hole; loop; bud
    nf. eye, orb
    nf. fountains, springs
    nf. Ain (the 16th letter in Heb. alphabet)

BTW. In certain context, this form can also be a form of a verb (לעין)... What I've listed above are meanings of it as a noun.

That's why I said you should add some of the context. Based on what you've added, let me add something as well. ביצת עין here should be considered a set phrase, meaning "Fried egg". There are other readings like ביצה עין or even עין. This refers to a dish of fried egg with the yolk remaining intact (not mixed with the protein). We call such a dish "荷包蛋" in Chinese with a metaphor, and the Hebrew name is also a metaphor - when the yolk remains intact, it resembles the pupil of an eye while the protein resembles the iris of an eye. And that's why it's called "Eye egg".

More open questions for learning Hebrew